Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/316/190

Height: 5'8

Default I guess this is where I start!

Sooo, I started my weight-loss journey on January 17th, and I am very excited for what's to come. I know it won't be easy, but I am very determined.

This has been a long time coming, I've just never really had the motivation before.

All throughout high school I had the normal self-esteem issues, I was around 200lbs when i graduated 5 years ago, and I felt terrible about myself. I realize now that 200lbs, while still overweight, wasn't as ugly as I thought it was. If I would have just worked a little harder, had a little more support, I could have been much happier.

I've been married for nearly two years, and I'm thinking about starting a family, which leaves me realizing that I need to be in a healthier place for my husband and future children.

I have let my health get out of my hands and weigh over 300lbs, now I'm taking control of my life, what I put in my mouth, and how long I sit on my butt. I just know that I will need a little bit of support to make it. It's going to be a long journey and I'd love to have some friends for the ups and downs!
Jessi_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/289/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jessi! Welcome to 3FC. I'm new too!

You sound like me. When I got married I was about 185-190 and I thought I was huge and ugly... how wrong I was. I'd love to be back there right now.

Good luck!
all4meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #3  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Welcome =)

I find this place to be a great inspiration, constantly. Knowing there are others with the same issues with self-esteem, body image and food addiction. Whatever your particular vice that got you to lose weight... this place has a place for you to feel comfortable. So again WELCOME
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Jessi
I'm new too! And just started my journey January 20th. And I as well graduated 5 years ago, and I was just over 200lbs then. I don't have get self confidence and I believe it's because of my weight.
I am trying to learn how to use this site to help me stay motivated etc. I think having a blog on there is an awesome idea and will help people with staying on track as well as have other people help keep your sprites up when your having a rough day.
I'm gonna add you to my "buddy list" and we can talk sometime

Last edited by Nichelle; 01-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome 2 The Forum, I restarted my weight loss journey on Jan. 16th so just a day before you. When your ready join us in the Feb. 300+ Chat Thread for daily support
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote