Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Here I am... day 1 in Texas.

So it's Day 1 on Ideal Protein. I'm nervous and overwhelmed. I know someone who has lost 80 pounds on this diet in 6 months. I want to lose 35 pounds, and I hope it works for me. She says that it's so much food that she often can't eat it all. I do not find this to be the case!

I've lost weight before on HCG, but when I tried it again, it didn't work. That's why I'm here.

I'm a little concerned about the potential for massive hair loss, as that's what happened to me when I was on the Atkins diet a number of years ago.

What advice do you have?
What is the biggest slip-up?
What's the best advice anyone gave you?

And I am hungry tonight. I've had 3 packets and my protein, and my 4 cups of vegetables. No lettuce today cause I didn't make it to the store till tonight, but honestly, I can't imagine that I'd be all that satisfied by a bunch of lettuce.

I also find that I've had chills a couple of times today. How could I be having much of a reaction already?

I look forward to hearing from the experts!
redmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi redmuse! Good to have you! I am not on the IP diet, but we have a sub-forum here for it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/. You might be able to get your specific IP questions answered there. I will say that starting a new diet is hard. It's really hard. Your body goes through a withdrawal. If you can stick it out, it does get better. If it doesn't get better or you don't think you can do it because it's just too miserable, you may find you need to modify the diet you're on or choose a different diet altogether. I believe there is a diet out there for everyone, but we are all individuals and what works for one may not work for the other. Sometimes it takes experimentation to find the diet that suits us best. After nearly 30 years yo-yo dieting while calorie-counting, I finally figured out that a modified version of the Slow Carb Diet (with it's wonderful recommended cheat day, lol) works best for me. So don't give up! You'll figure it out! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-01-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #3  

Default Hi

WELCOME

I am also new to this forum and on day 1 i am trying a high protein
diet and taking it day by day... I still have nt braced myself to get
on the scales yet .... still overwhelmed by fear i am afraid...

I am a woman of mature years living in West Sussex with my
2 children and my horse who will be very pleased if a shed a
few pounds i am sure..

Good luck with day 2
fincafrin is offline   Reply With Quote