Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW: 260 Restart: 230/223/223.8

Height: 5'6

Default One year ago…

One year ago I started my weight loss journey and I stopped but I did gain positives and negatives from it. I just turned 21. I am a college student on a very strapped budget (part of the reason I gave up) but this isn't about excuses. I was very successful on ww and lost 35 lbs and managed to keep 25 of it off for over 6 months now. I did give up regular soda, but I hope I can give up soda all together this time. I hope that I can start calorie counting and exercising and get this show back on the road, but i'm a little confused of where to start.
Brandibooxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Brandi! Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! You'll find lots of support here to help you along the rest of the way! We have a 20-Something forum at 3FC under Support Groups and I think there might even be a college students thread somewhere on here, lol. People here are so nice, and they want the best for you, so don't be shy! Just jump right in! Newbies are always welcome! As for calorie counting, most people try to stay within a range of 1200-1500 calories a day. And exercise is a very individual thing. Some people love it and do lots of it; others do mild or moderate exercise like simple walking. You can't go wrong as long as you are moving! There is an app that many people here use called myfitnesspal and it will keep track of your calories for you, even including calories burned while exercising, so you might look into that. You can do this! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote