Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/230/150

Default Hi

Hello out there, my "name" is OrieAre7! I decided to join this site because I am at a point where I think having some support and people to talk to might help me stick to my plan and start losing weight again.

I have been overweight forever, for several reasons, but the biggest ones are simply that I like certain foods a lot, I don't seem to get much of a sense of fullness, and I have always hated physical activity with a passion. I finally successfully began losing weight when I was in 10th grade (my highest weight was around 325 pounds). It was very slow going, and I reached my lowest adult weight of 205 pounds after about 5 years of trying to eat right, but then I messed up and gained about 25 pounds back in just a few months. My weight seemed to stabilize after that gain, and now I've been stuck at about 230 pounds for the last two years. It hardly budges no matter what I do, though I know I haven't been doing as well as I should be.

I recently started on a new plan, which is basically just trying to eat less junk food and more good foods, and keeping an eye on my overall calories. I'm also trying to do some kind of activity 3 days a week. I have been reading posts on this site for quite a while now, and it seems like a really nice place with lots of helpful people, so I decided to go ahead and join.

I guess I should say a few things about myself besides the fact that I am fat . I am an online college student, but I'm not 100% sure what kind of degree I'm going to end up with yet. I like playing video games, watching TV/movies, and reading (and hanging out in bookstores/libraries). I am a vegetarian, which isn't as helpful for weight loss as some people seem to think it is. I also have a form of autism (which used to be called Asperger's but is now just under the general autism spectrum disorder heading), so I don't have too many friends or an in-person support system or anything like that. I'm not really sure what else to say, but I guess this is getting kind of long anyway. So yeah...hello!

Last edited by OrieAre7; 09-12-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: To fix a mistake.
OrieAre7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #2  
DFTBA

Height: 160cm

Well done on already having such a huge weigh-loss.
I'm sure you'll find the support you're looking for here.
Emula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #3  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forums
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #5  

Thank you all for welcoming me!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

OrieAre7!!!

So glad you are here. You know, friendships begin with something in common- and we have TONS in common. Such as our weight/health issues. But, it's a start. You'll find many, many, many folks here that share alot more in common with you than just your weight (such as being a student or online student). I, for instance, adore bookstores. I can get comfy at a Barnes and Noble Booksellers for 3-5 hours at a stretch and be in Heaven.. See? Another new buddy at 3FC to have something in common with. I'm just ONE person, and there are soooo many others. Reach out, you'll find them, and together we'll reach our goals!

MrsKevin

Long Term Goal (hopefully by Birthday in Feb 2014)

------------------
Long Term Goal: 82# to lose
My Mini Goals:
Under 200#
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome OrieAre (your name is fun to say out loud!), I'm glad you are here! This is a great site, lots of nice people and tons of information and support!

I'm a vegan, and you are so right about people thinking that anyone who is veg or vegan must automatically be skinny and it must be easier to stay skinny. Uh, nope! I sure proved them wrong!

I look forward to reading your posts, good luck!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #8  

Thank you both MrsKevin and Mrs Snark! Your posts make me feel very welcome here! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad we have some things in common.