Fat and uncomfortable, yet hopeful. - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #1  
abetterme

S/C/G: 222/210/150

Height: 5'5

Default Fat and uncomfortable, yet hopeful.

Hello, I'm Ashley and I'm new to the community. I want to make some new friends on my weight loss journey who can offer support as well whom I can offer support in return. I am seriously considering joining ideal protein to achieve my weight loss goals so I will definitely need all the help and support I can get. I would appreciate tips and advice to help me stay on the program, I am not a person who likes redundancy in my diet so its going to be an adjustment for me. Finding this site was a reassurance that I am not alone.

At present I am in a state of constant unhappiness because I cannot fit into any of my clothing and it makes getting dressed an obstacle, my relationships are unproductive because my self image is jacked up and I find it hard to accept that someone wants something I don't want myself, and I find it hard to be myself because I'm so worried that others only see my size. At times I feel like the whale in the room and although I am not huge and carry my weight really well I am completely and utterly uncomfortable in this body.

I love working out and used to do it on a regular basis but was always having pains in my lower legs. At one point the pain, chin splints, and calf pain got so bad I stopped exercising at all (3 years ago). Last year I found out I had Plantar fasciitis and that my arches were completely gone. My podiatrist informed me that this was the source of all of the pain I was experiencing. I have tried different methods of dulling the pain but it just keeps coming and so does the weight. I hoping that once I've lost some weight the pain will subside enough for me to resume jogging and many a boot camp or two.

I'm planning to start the program mid September so wish me Luck!!
Ashkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #2  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 254.4/233.0/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome Ashley!.

I Know exactly how you feel. I hode in my home for fear of being seen by others. I avoid any family events when possible. Do you ever feel like. Your invisible? . Anyway. Id love a support buddy if you want one. I think our goals are nearly the same. I have found that tracking everything I eat really keeps me on track. I'm doing weight watchers and love its. Good luck. You can do it!
butterflygirljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Ashley! It sounds like you have a plan, you will find lots of support here!

Instead of luck I will wish you determination, happiness, and success!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ashley! You'll find lots of support here, so browse around and jump right in! Be sure to check out the thread on Ideal protein: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote