Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'6

Default Sweet insanity

I'm 27 years old, 5'6 an I've had four kids the youngest are 18 months and seven months and my current weight is 210. My goal is to get back down to 150, lower if possible but I wouldn't mind 150. I just started insanity and oh my I'm having a hard time with my willpower.. Not to do the workouts but sticking to a healthy diet, I have a sweet tooth and sometimes I'm good but after a stressful day I give in, if I keep doing this with insanity I'm not going to see the results I want. Anyone else battle sweets and how did you overcome it?
Comitdust29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

You have to find alternatives. I love dark chocolate almonds (about eight to a serving) and Luna Cookie Dough Protein bars. Strawberry milk. A good protein powder. And if I really want that snack, I have one serving and fit it into my calorie allowance.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #3  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE sweets! Carbs in general aren't so bad, just sweets (like cake, ice cream, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc.). Certain food seem to be a "trigger" that cause me to want to keep eating food in general, or way over-do it on sweets. I've learned what my "triggers" are and avoid them (I can tell which days it's ABSOLUTELY NOT AN OPTION to go out to eat with my DH, even if it's to a pre-approved restaurant where I can order something healthy). Hmmm, pointers?? Here are my thoughts
1) I had to cut out all sweets for a couple weeks to get it out of my system and so I would decrease how often I craved them, and now I make sure to have controlled portions (like the pudding that is in smaller containers so that it's only 100 calories, but still "normal" and not the sugar free stuff)
2) Like Stella1609 said, find healthier alternatives that give you protein (so you actually get some benefit from it), but it may take a while to figure out what satisfies your sweet tooth/makes you satisfied while not causing you to undo all your hard work
3) there is someone on this site (can't think of who it is right now) who LOVES chocolate. She knows she can't walk away and not eat it and still be successful/free of binges, so she puts having 5 or so dark chocolate kisses into her food plan each day. (this wouldn't work for me because I can tell there are days when just a couple pieces would send me into an uncontrollable urge to eat more, but there are other days where a couple would be plenty). Maybe this would work for you?
4) I've learned that before I workout I need to eat something with a little carbs and some protein, otherwise I'm not able to go as long/hard and am super hunger after (I eat 250 calories=1.5oz of almonds before I work out. Sam's Club sells them in bulk in pre-packaged bags so they are easy to throw in your bag/purse/car/etc. The 250 calories doesn't undo all my work from running either)
I hope you find what works for you!
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'6

Thank you for all the advice! I will try the chocolate protien shakes and maybe the protien bars as well, I've got to get this under control lol
Comitdust29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote