Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/220/160

Height: 5'3

Default New To This, Hopeless, Need Support

Hi, everyone. My name is Daesha. This is my first post on here and I feel so hopeless with getting this weight off. I'm a sohpmore in college, 20 years old, size 18 (pants). I gained 40 pounds my first year in college dealing with home problems. Even before I came I was about 200 pounds and unhappy with my weight and always wanted to be in a size 14/150 pounds and just to be healthier. So, My journey so far have been anything but easy. I've cried more than I ever thought I would and I've felt like giving up sooo many times. I've lost 20 pounds so far. I started out 243 pounds in Nov. and I'm currently 220 (not after I binged this weekend though Then I found this site. I'm in some serious need of support, and I really wonder am I the only one who has felt or went through this. I work my but off, exercising and eating healthy only to feel horrible in the in end win I step on a scale. I see other friends out eating and I can't eat it and it makes me feel even more desperate. I'm determined to get rid of this weight, and all the foods I crave is what got me here in the first place! I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux disease and was advised to give up greasy, fatty foods, and to lose weight.. I could not breath one night and that was the stopping point for this unhealthy lifestyle. I'm a sophomore in college so it makes it even more difficult to eat healthy bc things are so expensive and it so little things to choose from! I feel hopeless, and I feel like I'll never reach my goal weight or size... I just want to be healthier. Help.

By the way, this has been the most supportive site EVER!!! And I pray I'm able to find my own motivation and continue losing weight.
dmarie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome and *hugs*. You are in the right place for motivation and support. The people here on 3fc are some of the most knowledgeable and supportive people I've found anywhere on the net. Any time you need advice, or are feeling overwhelmed or want to share your successes or slip ups, this site will be here for you.

First things first, take a deep breath. You've already lost 23 pounds, so pat yourself on the back for that. If you can drop 23 pounds without this site for support, you can lose 60 more with all the people here cheering you on.

It's important that whatever you do to drop this weight is something you feel like can sustain for a long time. In other words don't do anything too drastic, some small changes will make a big difference.

If you are not logging what you eat, I would start there. There are a lot of good websites and phone apps to help you, the two I know best are My Fitness Pal and Lose It. They will help you get an idea of what you are eating on a daily basis.

Definitely exercise, but don't over do it, 30 mins a day 3 -5 times a week is enough, a bit more if you decide to have fries that day

If you're willing to work at it and not give up even on the weeks when the scale barely budges, then I know you can reach your goal.

Good luck!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #3  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Way to go for losing 23 pounds already. You should celebrate that. Everyone has occasional doubts, but you can do this.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #4  
Alex Michelle

S/C/G: 234/151.8/145

Height: 5'9

Welcome to the site, theres so many nice people on here that can give you the support you may need! We've all been where your at before so we know exactly how it feels. Take it one day at a time. Pound by pound youll get there!
alexmichelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome!

First of all, HUGE congrats on the weight you've already lost. Please don't let the fact that you're not pleased with your progress right now take away from that - it is a great accomplishment.

I agree with what was said above, just imagine what you can do with support if you've already accomplished all this on your own.

Also - good for you to take control now. Oh how I wish I could have started becoming more health conscious when I was your age and in college.

Use this place - develop a plan. Once you do, put it out here and ask others' opinions on it. The knowledge base and experience here is amazing. Even if you're having trouble coming up with a plan, look through the various forums and don't be afraid to ask questions and advice. You're going to do it!

Last edited by Fit dad 2b; 02-18-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/Ticker/140

Height: 5"3

I think we've all been in that hopeless place at some point. I know I was. Just remember, every little thing you do is a positive step forward to the new you! It doesn't even have to be about the scale and honestly, it shouldn't be all about that.

Try looking at it this way: When you make a healthy food choice vs. giving into the fries and pizza temptation...that is success. When you get up early (or stay up late) to get a workout in...that is success.

Small steps are still steps forward...day by day...you can do it!!!
strutter5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #8  

I don't know if I'm early PMS'n or what lol, but I have literally teared up from all the support and responses! I thank you guys sooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart for the encouragement! I'm going to do it, and I am going to achieve my goals.. I just have to stay consistent and strong! THANK you guys!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie92 View Post
[...] I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux disease [...]
Never heard of it. What is Acid Reflux disease?

Thank you for sharing your experience. I wish you all the best!
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #10  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #11  

Acid Reflux disease is in which the stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus (the tube from the mouth to the stomach.. It can be extremely painful and burn a lottttt!!! Medication is usually taken for it, some are over the counter..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

Acid Reflux is from ****.....just sayin!
I have it but I am currently off meds with no issues....thanks to a few dropped pounds and my c-pap.
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/218/160

Height: 5'7

Default Newbie

Ok, here I am. Putting myself 'out there'. I have attempted, had some success and then ultimately failed by gaining the weight back. Ive HAD it. I have gone it alone for SOOO many years, I have to reach out for some support.
So again, HERE I AM.

I also hope to be a positive support system for some of you.

My name is Ema, I am 40 something, and I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. I get so frustrated b/c there was never a time in my life when I didnt think I was fat (even when there was NO validity of that in my youth). However after my 2nd child (mid 30's) I just have not been able to lose the weight! I know our bodies change as we get older--but actually living it truly SUCKS. I am currently 220, down 5 lbs since re-dedicating myself to get this extra weight off and getting HEALTHY. I track, I walk, I attempt to eat healthy. I have an ultimate goal of 160, however if I got to 180, I would be OVER THE MOON. Stress eating gets me everytime--anyone have this issue? any hints on how to overcome it?
ema1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #14  

Default don't give up

hello, i'm new here too, and i just want to say losing 20lbs is GREAT!!! i know how you feel though, i have about 150lbs to lose and it is overwhelming to think about how much i need to lose. but, don't give up on yourself, you are worth it!! and from all the support i have seen on here you are in the right spot.
reenie may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #15  

Thanks you guys!!! i finally broke that plateu! I'm currently at 216!!! Thank the Lord!!! It was an awesome feeling when I broke it and it pushes me to work even harder. I allow myself a cheat meal every other weekend or so!! So, that's helping! And I've set many goals so I don't focus on the big one soo much! I was recently able to squeeze back into some old pants and it felt amazing.