Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/125

Height: 5'4

Default New gal and hopeless....

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am hearing impaired/half blind (I can speak well and do know signs). I am 30 going on 31 on April 23.....yikes! I am Freelance Photographer and own my beguines. I wasn't always overweight while growing up. In fact, I was into sport, mainly softball. Until I was 15, I lost my eyesight due to MD (Muscular Degradation). I stopped everything as I used think that world have stopped me from doing what I love the most. even worst, I can't drive. I guess I let myself up to gain weight after all those years. I believe I weight now is around 231, haven't get chance to do scale to see what exactly I weight since I don't own one. I do have plenty of time to do work on me to lose weight but I have NO idea where to start or with food. I don't believe in stuff that diet pills will lose you weight or plastic surgery. I am all natural and I do know you can lose weight on your own if you believe it enough. But I just don't' know where to start. I heard about those count calories and exercise really works.

I have bad habit drinking coke, it's hard to stop completely and only drink water all the time. I can't shake that off. I like chips (I know it's bad). I do love healthy food, I guess I don't know how to stay full. But I am not big fan of like onion, mushroom, etc. I guess I am picky, I don't know why, I wish I wasn't. I don't know how I can overcome this. I know it sound silly. Here is thing why I can't get healthy food all the time, I only makes $500 a month plus I have to pay for bills so I can't afford those expensive food to stay healthy. It would be awesome if anyone can point me to the way to where I can eat or what not.

As for exercise, I don't know what I should start or what to being with, it would be great if anyone can tell me how I can do this. I can't afford the gym. Any ideas?

The three reasons why I wanted to lose weight is first I had health scare that I had blood clot in my leg two years ago from fallen downstairs and twisted my ankle and it spread in my leg. Lucky I got it in time before it hit my heart. I am no longer have blood clot. Second, for my godkids.....I want to be health to live long time for them, and last my best friend, I let her down that I always kept it off. Now I am dead serious want to really step up and lose weight. And I want to see her smile and be able to share clothes together. She's skinny......115. I would love to have her as my exercise buddy but she had some problem of her own. I want to show to her that I am willing to be healthy, not to let myself go.

It would be nice if someone can keep me updates through email and to keep going, not to stop or making an excuses.

Now my weight goal is to be at 125 and build some muscles to be at 130 (Yes I want to be medium bodybuilder if I can?). I hope this isn't too much of this and not to judge me. I have hard life and I want to turn around before it's too late.

First photo I was in high school
Second photo i am far on right side
Third photo is my best friend and I, that she meant me in the world.

I hope anyone can help me and pull this through and where I should start.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScannedImage-13.jpg (31.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg me.jpg (27.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg ScannedImage-52.jpg (38.1 KB, 41 views)
kula23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

your a photographer thats amazing I think you'll fit in well here I joined up a few weeks ago and everyones so nice and helpfull So welcome! and I hope you like it here as much as I do
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #3  
no{BODY} is perfect

Hey! I know it is always frustrating to keep motivated, and to really stick to a plan.
But there are a few things i always sy, and one, is to whatever your plan may be, you have to make it a consistent part of your everyday life, like your day doesn't end until you have completed the task.

What kind of weight loss plan do you think you are gonna go with?

If you just really feel like you cant just drink plain water, try using crystal light drop in's in every other bottle of water you drink.

As far as being on a tight budget, I DEFINITELY understand that!! But there are soooo many things you can do at home for free that have awesome results. And Walking a lot really is the 1st step!!
Momma Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #4  

Thanks, Candy. Everyone is speechless that I can be photographer when it comes that I am half blind but disabled can do anything in life.

Thanks, Momma_Ghost. Well I was hoping a simple weight loss that I wanted to learn how those calories works and best calories at 1200? I am not sure how it works. And I don't mind to do hardcore exercise if I could to get in fit. Another thing I have always wanted to do run but when I tried that, it like stab in my tummy! That's hurt. I have use those small packet to put in water, just that soda pop is always fulfilled. I know it's bad!

Thanks for the wamr welcome.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #5  
no{BODY} is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kula23 View Post
Thanks, Candy. Everyone is speechless that I can be photographer when it comes that I am half blind but disabled can do anything in life.

Thanks, Momma_Ghost. Well I was hoping a simple weight loss that I wanted to learn how those calories works and best calories at 1200? I am not sure how it works. And I don't mind to do hardcore exercise if I could to get in fit. Another thing I have always wanted to do run but when I tried that, it like stab in my tummy! That's hurt. I have use those small packet to put in water, just that soda pop is always fulfilled. I know it's bad!

Thanks for the wamr welcome.

Well general calorie intake should be around 2,000 a day. But it varies at first.

Yea, i haven't kicked sodas yet either, but i have before, and trust me, you will really thank your self for it later. And after you stop drinking soda, when ever you have a sip it taste so syrupy, like wayyy to sweet.

In the way of exercise, i am about to start flirty girl fitness and Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. Which i have heard awesome things about.

But pacing your self is key, you can't just go from not working out to running, your body isnt ready for the strain, start with walking, or power walking, even if its just 3 laps around the park or 5 around yard. =0?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #6  

Yea I have done before without soda few years ago, I go off I believe almost a year then when I take a skip and it pretty strong then I got addict ever since then. I gonna stay away from them since it's not healthy. Oh another thing I didn't mention, I am currently taking care of my godson since his mother have PPD and I don't mind to help her to take care of her son since she can't be alone with him. I don't seem to have much of energy to go out and do exercise after I am done with him from 7am-5pm. How can I get those energy to try to lose weight? I always get tired. Thanks again and I will look at those videos!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #7  
no{BODY} is perfect

Yea, energy is a really hard thing to get up. I have a 16 mt old little girl, and being with her all day really drains the reserves. But you just have to make yourself do it.

Find something that motivates you, like a pair of jeans you want to fit in again, or a picture of the weight you'd like to be at, and put it in front of you, watch it while you work out.

Energy makes energy. Meaning that, you may start out slow, but the more energy you put into working out, the more energy you will have. (not at first, keep in mind) But you really just have to power through the first little bit, until you start seeing results.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Here's my suggestions for getting started.

First decide on a plan. Calorie counting is what I do..it's simple and FREE. I track my calories at sparkpeople.com for FREE. You can find out more about calorie counting and other eating plans here at our Diet Central - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#diet-central

As for calorie intake, I don't believe there is any person(not even doctor, nutritionist, etc), website, book or device that can tell you the exact number of calories you need each day for your body to lose weight. It is about trial and error but you do need a starting ground and I suggest getting it from here - http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Input your info and take the number they give you as a place to start, work it for a few weeks then tweak as necessary.

Exercise - I do DVDs and hand weights at home for FREE. Running is FREE, walking is FREE. You can also join a gym. Numerous options here. I suggest reading through the Fitness section here at 3FC - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#fitness

Picky eater? Not a veggie lover? Check the forum about foods at 3FC - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#food

Good luck with your goals. Be sure to keep us updated with your success

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Here's my suggestions for getting started.

Hugs
Michelle
Thanks you are too kind! Good thing I have iPod that will get me do some walking. LOL Thanks, girls!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

You are very welcome
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You can do it!

You said you have an iPod?! Download Loseit! I LOVE it.

Good luck
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #12  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

hi!

im also a calorie counter, if you need some information on getting started check this out: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/calorie-counting.php

i also use a website to track calories. another thing that really helps me is this, i made sheets of paper with every pound broken down into 0.2 increments. 200.0, 199.8, 199.6, 199.4, etc. this makes me feel accountable and i love scratching off the numbers. i keep it on my bathroom wall (im lucky enough to have my own bathroom or else id keep it in a locked drawer where no one could see it!)

im also on a tight budget. the good news is that calorie counting and walking, which is what i do, are both free like michelle said.

so im probably going to get slammed for this, but i just switched to diet dr pepper. i know its not as good for you as plain water, but i cant seem to give up the soda. its definitely not the same as a coke, but its the best tasting diet soda (especially the cherry flavored diet dr pepper), and you get used to it.

you seem like you have a solid foundation to start with. just pick a plan you can live with and keep working girl.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
hi!

im also a calorie counter, if you need some information on getting started check this out: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/calorie-counting.php

i also use a website to track calories. another thing that really helps me is this, i made sheets of paper with every pound broken down into 0.2 increments. 200.0, 199.8, 199.6, 199.4, etc. this makes me feel accountable and i love scratching off the numbers. i keep it on my bathroom wall (im lucky enough to have my own bathroom or else id keep it in a locked drawer where no one could see it!)

im also on a tight budget. the good news is that calorie counting and walking, which is what i do, are both free like michelle said.

so im probably going to get slammed for this, but i just switched to diet dr pepper. i know its not as good for you as plain water, but i cant seem to give up the soda. its definitely not the same as a coke, but its the best tasting diet soda (especially the cherry flavored diet dr pepper), and you get used to it.

you seem like you have a solid foundation to start with. just pick a plan you can live with and keep working girl.

Why would anyone slam you for making your own decisions that are working for you? If it works, go for it
Old 04-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #14  
Sammie Fields

S/C/G: 90kg

Height: 182cm

Hey you're NEVER hopeless!! get started on a program and post your progress on here - we'll support you all the way!
sammiefields2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #15  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Why would anyone slam you for making your own decisions that are working for you? If it works, go for it
awww thanks michelle! lol, i know, im just used to the "diet soda is poison" rants. haha
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote