Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #1  

Default HELP! I really need some motivatation and support!!!

Hi everyone...I just joined and thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. I am 32 years old and about 5'5. Within the last two years I have went through some serious life changes that have caused me to gain a lot of weight. In my 20s I maintain a healthy weight between 130-120lbs. By 28 I was even down to 107lbs due to the high stress of my job. However since Jan 2011 my life has changed so much. Back then I was with my ex-boyfriend, we had a house together and raised his son full time. We had been together for a little over 10 years however our relationship was in bad shape. I had cheated on him back in 05 and even after that our relationship was ok for a few years, then he cheated on me and I cheated on him. For the next few years our relationship was so unhealthy. It seemed like we stayed together for stability. So in Jan 2011 we decide to separate, however we still continue to live together until August of 2011. I thought I did not want to be with him because he was so unhealthy but my life just hasn't seemed to get better since we split. So since August of 2011 until now I have gained about 50lbs. I am now at my heaviest 172lbs. Other changes have all so added to my weight gain, losing my house and getting laid off from my job. I am need of some desperate help. I am super depressed right now about my weight and the loss of my job that it caused me to isolated myself. I don't like going out anymore because I have gained some much weight. I just feel so fat and unattractive. Please help. I need some support and motivation to help me start my weight loss journey.
butterfly1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #3  

Thank you so much!!! It's much appreciated!
butterfly1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

First a big *hug*. You've had some bad luck, all at once it seems, but you should be proud of yourself for it not letting you completely shut down. You've found this site, you're looking for support and motivation, and you're looking to get healthy and to feel attractive.

Feeling good about yourself again may take some time, but the good news is it gets better every day, and every time you make good choices regarding your health, you'll be that much closer to feeling awesome. And as cheesy as it sounds that feeling will help you with the confidence you need to get all the other things in your life going in the right direction.

We are all here to help support and motivate you. We're also good to just listen if you need to talk or send virtual hugs when you need them.

Welcome to the board, and good luck!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1212 View Post
[...] So in Jan 2011 we decide to separate, [...]
My personal experience tells me this is usually the right thing to do, no matter how painful it may seem at first.

I wish you all the best, we all know how you feel.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC! Best of luck on your journey and
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote