Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #1  
WrkInProgress

S/C/G: Starting Weight 350

Height: 5'4 3/4

Default Newbie...Not sure where to start

Hi,

I'm normally more of a lurker on message boards than a poster, but I've decided to do something different. Because I'm ready for something different, and if nothing changes..nothing changes.

I have to be honest and say that I'm not sure where to start or how to start. There are so many options.

I do know is I am ready to bridge the gap between my potential and reality, and this includes health and wellness.

I'm not sure where to get started as far as exercise and fitness are concerned, especially at my current weight. Any pointers are welcome. I've thought about cycling, and have been reading the post on a bicycling forum about Athenas and Clysdales. Any pointers and suggestions are welcome.
mostlynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147 starting, 125 goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I am also from NJ. I am new here as well, and not a big exerciser at all. My goal is to do at least 10 mins of exercise a day, even if it's just something as simple as a walk around the neighborhood. My hope is that if I aim for 10 mins, I will end up doing more because it will be so quick and I won't feel as though I've done enough. I read somewhere a while ago (don't remember where) that you should set lower limits so you don't feel like a failure right off the bat. That makes sense and works for me, so I'm going with it! Set yourself a small, manageable goal and feel good when you achieve it. Then make the goal a little bigger every day!
janeyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #3  

Default Another Newbie!

Hello...I'm also new to this site. Actually I'm really new to blogging. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I so desparetly want to lose weight. I have done it before on WW but I'm terrible in tracking and writing it down. I have a desk job and work 10.5 hours a day and a 45 minute drive home, so not much exercise. I have been signed up for quite a few months on WW online but really don't know how to utilize it the best way. I'm scared of the thought of having to do insulin shots if I don't lose weight and exercise but most of all of dying young. I'm hoping to meet some great people on here with ideas and support. Have a great day!
Nana Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I am also new to forum posting and am looking for a change as well. I have a gym membership, but sometimes I don't feel like going. Sometimes I want to do something simple, so I just walk. I usually walk 1 mile away from my house and back. I've tried walking the track behind a school in my neighborhood, but find that I usually cut it short. If I walk away from my house, I HAVE to walk back! You can start with a certain time limit or distance and gradually increase it as you want.

StaceyDanielle
StaceyDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #5  

Default Newbie Here Also!

Hello...I'm also new to this site. Actually I'm really new to blogging. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I so desparetly want to lose weight. I have done it before on WW but I'm terrible in tracking and writing it down. I have a desk job and work 10.5 hours a day and a 45 minute drive home, so not much exercise. I have been signed up for quite a few months on WW online but really don't know how to utilize it the best way. I'm scared of the thought of having to do insulin shots if I don't lose weight and exercise but most of all of dying young. I'm hoping to meet some great people on here with ideas and support. Have a great day!
Nana Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

For those of you with diabetes, there is a sub forum in the Dieting with obstacles forum.

I'm a Lifetime WW member, but what helped me most was to take it slow and make healthy changes I knew I could live with and stick to.

It's a long haul, actually the rest of your life haul! But well worth it.

As far as exercise, I simply made it a priority. After awhile it becomes habit and I find now, that I really do enjoy it and I feel so much better after a good workout.

Read all over this forum, it's full of great info!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote