Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #1  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Default newbie for november

Hi there everyone. I'm new and have been a lurker from a weight of over 300#s several years ago, to my current weight of 214#s today. I've thought of joining so many times but talked myself out of it due to my own issues. Some of those issues are why I still battle my weighty obstacle. All of your members have been incredible help while I was reading from my corner. Thank you for not giving up, believe me there are quiet ppl you are helping.
about me: I'm 42, married (hubby is heavy too), I am trying to become leaner and healthier as well. On our honeymoon both my hubby and I were diagnosed ttype2 Diabetics. Since 15 I struggled with pcos, depression etc.
Okay on to the better parts of me Now I have created a routine of recum cycling just about everyday. Weight training 3x a week. My diet is sometimes crummy (gotta b honest). I eat gluten free oats every morning and have little dairy in my diet if ever. I'm not sure if this is an adequate intro but in a nutshell that's me. I hope to join you all in becoming healthier and thinner people. Thank you for having me here.
Avalonmoon
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.6/185.8/135

Height: 5'5

Hi avalonmoon, I'm glad you decided to join. Today is my first day as well. There's nothing better than having the support of others on your journey of a healthier lifestyle. Congrats on your weight loss thus far. That's a lot to be proud of.

Here's a little about myself. I'm a 42yr old Mother of 3 Beautiful daughters ages 22, 18, 15. I'm an ex-personal trainer that due to back and neck surgeries gained tons of weight. Sitting for 1 1/2 yrs and not being active just sent me in a depression and I turned to food. Bad choice I am now cleared from the Dr's to train again and it's been the best 8 weeks. Finally feeling like my old self but with extra lbs to tote around. I started the Ideal Protein Diet on Oct 9, 2012 and I'm down 17.8lbs!!! Tomorrow is my next weigh in. I workout 5 days a week at 5am and starting today I'll be adding cardio in the evenings as well.

I look forward to chatting with you!! Best of Lucky to you on your weigh loss journey!
TeeMorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #3  

Welcome to one newbie to another I guess. I't nice to meet you Tee. Wow, how frustrating to have to overcome such a traumatic injury, I imagine you're anxious to get back to where your body wants to be. You sound like you're doing amazing so far. Congrats and things sound like their only going to get better. You havee a great attitude. I would like to be a weight loss buddy with you. Avalonmoon
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203.6/185.8/135

Height: 5'5

Thanks! Yes it's very frustrating to have worked so hard to finally have the body I always knew I wanted only to have it taken away by my own actions however I done it once I'm determined to do it a final time I look at it this way! I'm thankful to be healthy enough to be giving this chance again I'm not going to pass it up!!

I would love to be Buddies on our road to healthier and happier lives count me in!!
TeeMorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #5  

Smile

TeeMorales, I'm so sorry I am tardy in response. I forgot to come back here ... I'm awful.
yyou wrote: Thanks! Yes it's very frustrating to have worked so hard to finally have the body I always knew I wanted only to have it taken away by my own actions

a final time I look at it this way! I'm thankful to be healthy enough to be giving this chance again I'm not going to pass it up!!

I don't think it to be your fault, you said yourself something happened that changed your course on life. Good things happened despite that though. I had many things as well happpen to change my course on taking care and like you injuries did play a role with me too. If you ever want to just share your accomplishments or even your diet/fitness woes I'm here and will be glad to be your buddy.

Last edited by avalonmoon; 11-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey avalonmoon! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #7  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad you decided to join, I joined today as well. You've already had an amazing weight loss. I'm struggling with depression too and wondered how it is with your motivation. With me, my motivation and depression are always battling each other
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #8  

Thanks Penmage,
Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMaus View Post
I'm glad you decided to join, I joined today as well. You've already had an amazing weight loss. I'm struggling with depression too and wondered how it is with your motivation. With me, my motivation and depression are always battling each other
Thank you BleuMause! My overall weightloss is based on about 12 years battling to always get to about where I am now. I have been at this weight (comin down-not up) about 4x. I think. lol My aunt, G-ma passed away and I had injuries so in the past 6 years those were a few big set backs. I tried ignoring my depression lows by indulging, which made me heavier. My last loss (the one that got me to begin the forum)I began @248. But once here I was 213 or so. Wow the depression, it is worse for me when I don't indulge so diet/fitness is way difficult-it's amazing I made it this far. I don't want to give up of course but it is a constant battle. Do you also feel the depression worse when not feeding it? I feel inside it's like a baby that crys if it doesn't get it's bottle. Pretty pathetic isn't is? lol
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #10  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmoon View Post
Thank you BleuMause! My overall weightloss is based on about 12 years battling to always get to about where I am now. I have been at this weight (comin down-not up) about 4x. I think. lol My aunt, G-ma passed away and I had injuries so in the past 6 years those were a few big set backs. I tried ignoring my depression lows by indulging, which made me heavier. My last loss (the one that got me to begin the forum)I began @248. But once here I was 213 or so. Wow the depression, it is worse for me when I don't indulge so diet/fitness is way difficult-it's amazing I made it this far. I don't want to give up of course but it is a constant battle. Do you also feel the depression worse when not feeding it? I feel inside it's like a baby that crys if it doesn't get it's bottle. Pretty pathetic isn't is? lol
I know that feeling of the crying baby. ****, I cried once cause my boyfriend wouldn't buy me a piece of cake... I know pathetic pretty well. And yeah, my depression is worse when I don't indulge but I don't know what else to do when I get like that. Depression comes knocking and I go into autopilot. I give you props for never giving up!!
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #11  

BleuMaus, Yeah it can be rough. You have a great progress too I see. Congrats.