Greetings! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Greetings!

Hi, I'm Allie. I'm pretty new here, and I just wanted to introduce myself and share a bit of my story so far.

I've always been on the "thicker" side, but never truly overweight until the end of high school. After that, things went rapidly downhill in the weight department. I'm pretty sure I gained my roommate's Freshman 15 in addition to my own during that first year, and my weight continued to creep up after that.

I met my husband during my senior year, we lived together the city (where we ate out CONSTANTLY) for a couple years, and then we got married and moved to the burbs. With office jobs and terrible eating habits, the pounds just PILED on. For both of us. I managed to lose over 60 lbs back in 2005, but did it stupidly through near-starvation and it didn't last. I gained it all back and then some, and sat in the high 270s until August 2011.

My husband and I were keen to start a family, so we decided that we'd start trying and in the meantime (we assumed it would take some time to conceive, since I have PCOS) I would work at losing weight and getting healthier. I managed to lose about ten lbs, then found out that I was pregnant in mid September -- we got pregnant on our first try!

I LOVED being pregnant, and it was a great experience that I hope to have again in the not-too-distant future, but I definitely had some weight-related complications. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my first trimester, and my doctor was also concerned that my already higher blood pressure could lead to pre-eclampsia in the third trimester. Knowing that it wasn't just my health at stake anymore, I completely changed my ways. In the end, my blood pressure was perfect during the second and third trimesters, I only gained 5 lbs (in the last week of pregancy, and I'm pretty sure it was all in my feet and ankles), and gave birth to a beautiful, healthy 8 lb girl at 40 weeks.

But anyway. Wow, this is so long. I had my daughter on 5/29/12, and sort of took a break from really caring what I ate (7+ months of not being able to indulge in pregnancy cravings does that to a girl!). Now, however, I am back on track and counting calories like a madwoman. I'm over 50 lbs down from my heaviest weight from the summer of 2011, I just joined a gym, and I'm REALLY hoping to get under 200 lbs by New Years as an aggressive "mini-goal." Most importantly, I want to be healthy and fit so I can be a good role model for my little girl. The poor kid has fat genes on both sides, so it's going to be up to me and my husband to teach her healthy habits and provide her with an active lifestyle! I never want her to experience the physical and emotional pain of morbid obesity.

I'd love some weight loss/fitness buddies, so PM me if you want to exchange info. Also, you can find me on My Fitness Pal as allieballiebee.

Last edited by allieballiebee; 10-10-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Removed the word "quickly," as it is obvious that I am quite verbose. Heh.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and Congratulations on your Baby!!!
I'm sure you'll be just fine here...
I am only a week young here... Good Luck to you!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote