Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #1  

Default Depressed and fat

Hi all

I am new, imagine my horror when I realised I actually joined way back in 07 yet did nothing!

I need to lose weight, it's really starting to get me down.

I don't want to die young.

I feel really tired every day.

I'd guess I need to lose 60-70lb, around there. On a smallish woman, that's a lot.

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. Like, how do you start???
ausprincess41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi there!

dont feel too bad about joining and not doing anything, I joined and DID lose a lot.. then gained it all back. when i look back now at all the times i tried to restart when i only had gained back 10 or 15, i think what an idiot i was.

no use dwelling on it.

first of all, get a plan. how much do you want to lose and how do you want to do it?

this site is pretty big on calorie counting and thats how i do it. i find its the most flexible option for me. 60-70 lbs is a lot on anyone and it feels really intimidating (i have 40 to lose right now and i had 70 at one point)

you just have to remember that its going to take TIME. more time than you want it to. a common saying on this site is that if you dont give up, you cant fail. its very true. all my own failures have been because i stopped trying.

try not to think about the big picture just yet. 70 lbs is a lot, so take it in smaller chunks. for now, just try to lose 10 lbs, then worry about your next move.

its going to be hard and sometimes you're going to want to give up. the best advice i can give you is to choose a plan and STICK TO IT! i lost my vigilance and ended up regaining 50 lbs. im back on track now though and you're on track too! stick with this site, that was another mistake i made. i thought that when i hit my goal weight i didnt need support any more and it really hurt me. i definitely never would have made any progress at all without this site. lots of wonderful people with GREAT advice!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote