Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #1  
Jennifer03

S/C/G: 197/193/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New Mommy of Three

Hi everyone! I just started really trying to lose weight a few days ago and already lost a few pounds. I hope this forum will give me enough support and motivation to keep it up. I am a mother of three and after the third child, I've had trouble.losing weight. I started cutting back on carbs and fat but havent started excercising yet. Anyone have advice on how to slowly ease into excersising? My body is kind of weak since I havent seriously worked out in years; just occassional walking. Thanks; this forum is a blessing!
Jennifer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #2  
Jonah

S/C/G: 440/Ticker/220

Height: 5" 11

Hello Jennifer,

Keep Up the good work,
Would suggest planning a time to exercise 20 minutes in the mornings or a comfortable time.

[===== I started writing a long post/mini soapbox V ======]

I have tried may diets and exercise programs before, but the reason i lost interest because my motivation was flimsy.

What you may need to do instead of having someone to be your reason to be motivated, is to write down a list of ten things that you will be able to do easier once you are down to your ideal weight.

Then, you would want to look in the mirror and tell yourself that You are exercising not to "lose weight" but to "Get Fit". Also, YOU are YOUR MOTIVATION.

You have to tell yourself that after all the years of catering to someone else's needs at the sacrifice of your own time, that it is now time for you to be taken care of.

Taking some time to really love on yourself however you may do so
( Spa Care, Hair & Nail Appointments), Start planning things that you can do for yourself.

I used to use food as a way to reward myself or as a way to comfort myself and numb myself to my boring and often hectic life.

I got so good at eating food that, 5 minutes later, I wouldnt even remember what I ate, and I wouldnt recognize that I was eating at certain times.

Ecclesiastes 10:17

Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!

Many people at this time were peasants and did not have access to food like we do today. Essentially we Better than kings and queens would eat long ago.
So, the bible says that the princes eat for strength, and not for drunkenness,
or (for other reasons than sustenance.)
jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #3  
Jennifer03

S/C/G: 197/193/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the tips and motivation! I really should workout 20 minutes in the mornings as you suggest...I will start tommorrow morning. I walked today for almost an hour at the park while my kids played and my little one slept in the stroller. But before today, I hadn't excercised in a while. Thanks again!
Jennifer03 is offline   Reply With Quote