Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237

Height: 5'5

Unhappy New here need support

hi my name is Diana I am 40 years old and have always struggled with my weight. i am currently at my highest weight of 237 pounds. i also suffer from type 2 diabetes and take insulin. i have no support system and i really need to lose weight so my diabetes can get better. i need all the advice and support and advice i can get.
dianabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.6/229.8/199

Height: 5'6

Hi! I'm new here too, because I need a lot of support. I know *how* to lose weight. It's sticking with it that's the problem! I can certainly share with you what has worked for me, and maybe you can help me with some of my motivation and determination issues.
mandikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/269/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome! I just joined today for also for the help and support! I can only imagine what you're going through with Type 2 Diabetes I'm wiling to help any way I can. While taking in this whole thing as a learning experience.
PixelDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I am really sorry you feel that you have no support. I know you can find a lot of it here. I am living a lifestyle in which I limit my carbs drastically. It works very well for me and I feel wonderful. However because you already have health issues you should talk to your doctor. He should be able to help you get on the right path. I wish you the best of luck remember that you are going to be your biggest fan and biggest support so be as hard on your self as you need to to be motivated but not so hard you get discouraged.

Last edited by Brooklynn; 06-19-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Diana!! I think that you'll find this site so helpful - I know that I do!! Some things that have helped me are finding a workout that's convenient to do around my schedule that I like and also finding healthy foods that I like and keeping them in the house. I have to keep all junk out of my house and I prefer to workout at home to workout tapes. It works well for me but you have to find what works for you.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up a little -- that's life -- accept your mistakes and move on

Good luck! you can do it!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote