Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/134/120

Height: 5'2

Default Ten pounds in a month?!

Hi!

My name is Meg and I live on an island near Seattle. Somehow, I have gained over ten pounds since my wedding last year. YIKES! I am 5'2, 28 years old, and feel like I look my best around 120 pounds. I am normally around 120-125 lbs, but when I stepped on the scale about a month ago I realized that I was up to 137.5! I don't exactly know how this happened, but I have a feeling that it is from a combination of eating snacks at work, drinking wine, and not exercising enough. I have started eating less and am now at around 134, but I would really like to be down to somewhere around 120 and I am a little stressed about how I am going to reach my goal. In a perfect world I would be down to swimsuit shape (under 125) in the next month or two. I don't know if it's even reasonable to expect to lose close to ten pounds in such a short amount of time, as I have never dieted before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Meg
MegMarie206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome!

It is possible to lose 10 lbs in a month with dedication, and it's actually in your favor that you haven't been a yo-yo dieter.

My first year or so of marriage I gained 50 lbs!! Cooking and eating the foods my hubby likes really packed the weight on fast!

Poke around here and see what diets/threads interest you and start posting!!.

Good luck!

Last edited by EatMoreCelery; 05-31-2012 at 07:08 PM.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

Welcome!

I don't know what it is about marriage, but i've gained about 20 lbs since getting married in October. My husband and I lead very different physical lifestyles so me eating the same food and portions as him *shame* has bought me to where I am today. And I blame the birth control too, cuz the blame can't ALL be on me now, can it?

I think it's very possible to lose that weight, but because you are lighter, 10lbs is a higher % of your total body weight than for others, so you'll have to work at it. I may be having issues with my scale but I have dropped a few lbs in this week alone. All the best with losing those pounds! Do you have an idea yet what you want to do? I am trying the south beach diet and have just started the 30 day shred videos by jillian michaels. I don't know yet what the results will be like, but the diet has been very reasonable so far, and the video was killer!

All the best!

Last edited by Linkovicha; 05-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Linkovicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 137/134/120

Height: 5'2

Hi! Thanks for the response. I have the 30 Day Shred video, I actually used it to tone up before my wedding. It is pretty awesome and I feel like it works... I was SO sore after doing it the first few times! Maybe I should start doing it again... I'm just not that crazy about working out indoors, especially when it is warm outside. I have been trying to cut back on what I eat, and I totally understand what you're saying about your husband. It makes it tricky to stay on track when the person you have meals with can eat so much more and not gain weight! Ugh Anyway, good luck with the shred! You should let me know how it goes... I might try to do it tomorrow
~Meg
MegMarie206 is offline   Reply With Quote