Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/211/147

Smile New and need support

hi everyone
i am very new to this website but have been struggling with my weight all my life. I was at a healthy weight in my early 20's for several years after losing weight while in highschool but over the past few years my weight crept up slowly but surely. i am an emotional eater, and use food to self soothe. I think that my weight gain is a direct result of some work-related and financial struggles as I have been fighting to get up the corporate ladder for years with many downfalls! I was in denial for several years - didn't weigh myself until I got pregnant last year- and I was over 200 lbs. Thankfully I didn't gain much weight during pregnancy and it was a wakeup call about my body and relationship with food. I eat balanced foods- natural/veggies- just too much of it and like cheese and chocolate too much... Now that my baby boy has arrived, I am ready to take control of me- i realize that i cannot use any other struggles in my life as an excuse to overeat and not be in control of my weight. I also know that i cannot do this alone. Most of my friends are skinny minnies and have no clue what it is like to really struggle with weight. So am looking for your support. I have read some of the posts and this seems like the positive and nurturing environment. Any advice you can give me would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Jenny Duck
Jenny Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #2  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jenny Duck!
It seems you've come to the right place .... Welcome!
Poke around and find a forum or topic that interests you and jump right in.

Good luck!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote