Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #1  

Default Hello. New and need support please.

Hello folks. I have browsed 3FC for some time but finally decided to join today when I got on the scale and I saw "306." I am 19 years old and 300 pounds. I know that is probably shocking to most. I have no support system at home and came here in search of support.
Earlier this year I did South Beach and lost 40 pounds but stopped and started eating crazy and gained it all back plus more. I don't know what it is! I am seriously addicted to food and don't know how to kick that. I look at pictures of myself and I am disgusted. I am starting South Beach again today and hope to stick with it.
Anyway I am sorry for rambling. Any one who needs some support or would like to chat please don't hesitate to message me. Even if just to vent. I hope that this time I can do this and improve my life.
WantToLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

hey i am 19 too!!! I weigh about 176 and i am also new to the website...I am trying the bestlife diet by bob greene to lose weight...i am here if you need any support and i am proud of us for taking the first step!
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

YOU can do this!I started at 306.6 in jan. Please join us in the weekly thread. THe ladies here give wonderful advice!!Good luck and let us know how your doing.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME!!!

It seems the hardest part of this process is not losing the weight, but keeping it off!! You're in good company -- I think all of us have lost weight, only to gain it back and then some.

I think it helps to find a way of eating you can do for life -- but no matter what plan you choose, there will be struggles and setbacks, which is why I think making a commitment is so important. We have to be able to get back on track when we stray.

Again, welcome! And do feel free to post questions and/or join our weekly thread (though it does move fast!!)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #5  
Buzzing toward victory!

S/C/G: 328/294/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi There!!

It's so good to have you here! There are some awesome people on this sight who can motivate you and keep you focused. It's always hard to get back up and try it again, but you have taken the first step and that's what's important. Come in here and let us know how you are doing!
Bumblebee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #6  

Hi ladies! Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I am doing well! I have stuck pretty strictly to the diet and hope to start walking. I hope to make many great friends here! Thank you all!
WantToLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I am fairly new to. I begain my weight loss journey 3+ years ago when I was pregnant with my first son. I was 334 when I got pg. Disgusting... But I only gained 5 lb and then lost 40 lb very quick. Now I am shedding the rest (I was 313 on the day I was admitted to the hospital for my 2nd son's birth)! I am happy to say that I finally am below the 300 mark.

When I was a freshman in high school I was 271, so I do know what you are feeling like. I have been over 300 for 10 years... There are some great stories here! Welcome!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #8  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!

I'll echo what Heather said. Look for a way of eating that you enjoy and can do for the rest of your life. Picking a diet that doesn't fit into your plans for long term eating just makes it harder to maintain a loss. I've been there, done that. The moment you go back to your regular eating, what a surprise, you start going back to the weight you used to be.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #9  
Stay at Home Mommy

S/C/G: 312/312/160

Height: 5'5"

WantToLive, *waves* I'm 22 years old and weigh 312lbs. I know how it feels to be so young, and weigh what people think is a shocking amount of weight. I also know what it feels like to have no support at home. That's why we're here! To help encourage you and give you a little shove in the right direction!

Startingnew has a great idea trying the Best Life Diet. I've read the book, and it seems very doable, especially for us that are so young. Bob Greene starts you out very slow, basically asking you to limit portions, drink more water, and make exercise part of your everyday routine. The "diet" part doesn't really start until later!

These ladies all have great advice, and look around for the success stories like I do! Finding out what they've accomplished and how they've done it is truly inspiring. If you ever want to talk, we're all here to give you a bump in the right direction.
stariankyonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #10  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Welcome to 3FC! I've found so much support here that I absolutely love it, and I've barely scratched the surface of what's offered here. Explore it when you have a chance. It's truly wonderful.

The bad news, as you know, is that you weigh 300 lbs. The good news, believe it or not, is that you're 19 and you weigh 300 lbs. By starting today, you're giving yourself so much of your life back, and you don't even know it yet.

A dose of reality can be such a blessing in disguise. If you know where you are, you can know where you're going. (That sounds so cliche in my head, but damn if it wasn't true for me).

If you're up for exercising, come join us in this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147747

I lost access to 3fc for a while, and counting my minutes kept me motivated, and I saw a difference even when I wasn't losing weight.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #11  
carinna

Hello there! to the site. If you're looking for support, then you came to the right place. I've only been here a short time and already I feel at home. Best of luck in your journey and hope to see you around the boards.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey! I am 5 yrs older than you and just wanted to mention that I weighed 250+ when I was 19 so you can totally do this....... hang in there chica!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote