Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/212/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Making a change before I lose myself

Hello! I'm brand new here, hoping something like this will help me get support and ideas to maintain my newest attempt at weight loss. A little background on me:

I was always on the cusp of being overweight, but I was active enough where I was able to maintain my weight. College happened, and I actually began to lose weight despite the dreaded curse of the freshmen 15. My smallest size was a 10, and I loved it. 3 years ago my dad overdosed on Vicodin. That coupled with alcohol abuse caused him to bleed out. I hadn't seen him in months (we had a lot of problems). He called me the night before he died, but I didn't answer because I was "busy". It's something I have always, and will always, regret. My brother and I had to clear out his apartment the day after he died because his lease was up. I moved home to complete my college career at a local university, and that's when the weight gain started. In the course of one year I went from 168 to 210, and I haven't been able to get it off. My best friend was always a bigger girl like me, so there was comfort in that. She has been gone at grad school for the past two years, and is now home, and she looks fantastic. She got herself a gym membership and a personal trainer and is now around 160 and beautiful. I couldn't be more proud of her, but a little part of me doesn't want to see her now that I am the blatant lazy "fat" friend. I hate these thoughts - it's not me. I looked through old photo albums of myself at my thinner weight. Happy, outgoing, and just enjoying who I was. I miss that, and I know I need to take control before I lose that part of myself...I'm still in here somewhere!

I have no real dieting/exercise plan because I can't afford diets or gym memberships, so the plan for me is to eat healthier and in smaller portions, and get my butt out and running instead of "relaxing". Time for a change for me.
alwynefaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/208/160

Height: 5'3"

I wish you good luck and a lot of strength in your journey. I've started 2 1/2 months ago and , although it's not easy, I feel so at peace with myself now. Just the fact that I am doing something about my weight is a reward for me. I was addicted to fast food and diet pepsi for so long and now I eat so healthy that it scares me
Take care and be strong.
chrismon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I can't imagine how hard that must be. I hope you find a lot of support here.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #4  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FleshyChicks, alwynefaye.

I just started here about 2 weeks ago and I found it helpful to find a forum that interested me and then I just started typing. For me that forum was Calorie Counting. In some ways posting here is like self-talking and I find it therapeutic ... I hope you do as well.

I am sorry for all you've been through and I wish you every success on your new healthier lifestyle.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote