Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #1  

Default Hi I want buddies for this Journey !

Wow, I think this may be the right place for support.

Woke up this morning and felt just FAT. I looked at my gut wondering if I should name it! Who have I become, what and when did this happen? Seriously. For 3 years have been sitting at a computer learning new skills and have forgotten about me and gained weight over that time period. I wear the same black outfit everyday, I avoid parties, pictures and honestly life... saying I am too busy with work. So business is built now to work on ...

"me". I feel like my body is sabotaging me with health issues and feel like if I don't do something Im going to shorten my life and I want to have a long life because I have a very long bucket list.

I want to order that tank top and pretty skirt and high heels and get out of this office. I want to feel comfident again and not avoid cameras!

So LET'S DO THIS!!! Any one with me? I'm young at heart but just past those 40's, I'm 5'8" and over 200 lbs probably close to 250. YIKES. So my journey will be long that's hard to say.....I'm thinking of Optifast program to get a kick start, just joined a club and feel fabulous when I walk that 30 minutes on a treadmill but have been making excuses not to go....grrrrr.

Take Care and if anyone is in a similiar situation who wants a compassionate,
and encouraging buddy to share happiness and success with I'm there for you.

Let's Talk!
jmorgan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

I wake up every morning and feel fat BUT i'm new here too and am looking to make some friends going through this journey also. I'm Natalie. I avoid pictures as well and its terrible because when my kids are older I'm going to wish I had taken more pictures of all of us together.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #3  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Ello Ello!

Hi! I'm new here too! I'm excited to meet some others that are new, and hopefully we can change for the better

Every action you take is a choice not to let your weight determine how you feel your self-worth.

I swear I'm not really this perky all of the time.

I'm off to write my own greeting to the forums as well
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #4  

Default Will Join You

I am in a similar boat--will join the journey.

Tomorrow's Plan

some exercise in the morning
2,000 or less calories

That's worked for me in the past.
MaineDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #5  
Every step is progress.

I used to think I had to designate an hour or more to the gym every day. I started choosing to exercise when I had the time, and learned that although it was 15/20 minutes here and there, it definitely adds up!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #6  

Default Great Tip, RandomPaige

Okay, I'm at day one for this incentive.

How can I make this a great day. Mindfulness!

- Healthy breakfast: cereal, milk, fruit, coffee

Activity-lots of energy into cleaning a really messy place--at least an hour--I'll try to work extra fast.

Today's possible obstacles:
Office snacks (avoid)
Evening snacks when I'm really tired (go to bed early, avoid eating after 7)
Dinner (eat extra veggies, drink water--small portions of carbs, meats)
Office Downers (stay away from the conversations/people that bring me down in the office as that always makes me want to eat)

Let me know how your day goes? What is your ex goal? Calorie goal?

Just think how good we'll feel at the end of the week if we keep this going.
MaineDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #7  
Every step is progress.

Hows it going?

I too have issues with office snacks. I don't ever use the vending machines, but the constant treats everyone brings in! A co-worker keeps bags of candy on the end of his desk, and every time I'd walk by I'd be oh so tempted to grab a Reese's or a mini snickers. I'm very proud to say I've started walking the long way to get to my desk. No temptation and more exercise! Bonus!

I have started doing pilates before work (ouch, when did I ever have a muscle there?), so we'll see.

At one point, I was counting calories, but I became obsessive about it, and had to stop because once I began counting calories, I'd start lowering my calories dangerously. I've learned this is one tool I've had to let go of.

I had initially set a long-term goal of losing x number of lbs by x date, but I've broken up my rigid calendar. My last goal was 45 lbs by mid-June (as I have a cruise). I unexpectedly hit that goal a full month early.

My doctor actually helped me set my next goal: 35 lbs to lose (I can do that), and a BMI under 30. Its going to be tough, but I added further complication by setting a soft date of Labor Day. I'm not as much worried about the lbs lost so much as I am worried about acquiring the muscle tone.

What goals have you set for yourself?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #8  

Hi! I understand how you feel. Its been a tough week for me also. Been feeling really bad lately. Missed all my running and exercises routines and I feel so bad. What's worst, for the past 2 days there is a significant increase in my blood pressure again. I hate it when situation like this happen. Fat and sick. But reading all these conversation encourages me not to give up easily. Living healthy is a continuous process.
cherylwhite153 is offline   Reply With Quote