Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Default It's time to ask for help

Hello 3fc, you wonderful community!

My name is Jadeyn, and I am not exactly new to the 3fc wesbite. In fact, I started my weight loss journey two years ago at 234lbs, and with the help and support of the wonderful people I met online here, I was able to lose 65lbs. I had never been more proud of myself in my life. My goal had been 140, but at ~167 I was so happy, I loved myself and who I had become. But I'm afraid that person is no longer here.

Over the past year I have lost control. Time and time again I would tell myself "I know how to do this, I did it once" and I would try over and over again, starting and restarting the same diets, destined for failure. My will power has really thinned out. I'm now at 183, and I am so disappointed in myself and unhappy. Just 16 pounds have made such a huge impact on me physically. I can no longer fit into the clothes I had bought for myself when I lost weight the first time. I struggle with the same self-conscious issues I had before. When I look in the mirror, I hate the me staring back, and every day I pray for that strength I had before but I can't find it.

This is just one more thing I'm going to try. I know that these forums helped me so much before, and maybe it is the boost I need, or maybe it will also fail, but I have to try to reach out and admit that no, I can't do this by myself. I keep pretending like I'm going to wake up one day and be strong enough to power through my goals, but it's been a year and the motivation hasn't cropped up yet.

My goal is no longer 140, I have bumped it up to 160, because in the 60s is where I felt happy and comfortable, and I want to be that person again. I want to be proud of myself again. For six months I was an athlete, and now I can barely convince myself to get off the couch.

So... my first step is admitting I need help. I hope I can find the support I need here, just like the first time.
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back. You're really not all that far from your goal and you still have time to enjoy the summer! You can do this! Are you exercising at all? Maybe start with walking regularily. Often, exercise is just what is needed to "want" to say no to the junk food. Two months of focus and effort and you'll be right back where you were feeling great, both physically and emotionally. Get on board.
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Heyyy Welcome back!!! You can do it, always tell yourself that you`ve done it before there should be no reason not to do it again, and this time, you know what you are supposed to do and I have faith that you will succeed and keep it off
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote