Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/194/120

Height: 5"6

Default New and Ready!

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for a site where I could find some support and hold myself accountable for my goals and I think I have come to the right place. I've been trying to lose weight for a long time but I think the problem is that I personally need to communicate with people who understand what I am going through, have been there, and can help me along the way.

My goal is to lose 76 pounds this year, and I want to lose 10 per month this summer (May-August) and 5 per month after that because I know September is going to be hectic. I want to lose weight in the summer because I am trying out for the rowing team at my University. I will let you know how that goes.

My plan is to eat small healthy meals throughout the day and stick to 1200 calories. I also wake up every morning at 6:00 to exercise (30 minutes on the treadmill and then resistance and strength training) at my home, because I have some social anxiety, which is probably connected to my weight. And I'm also trying to drink 64oz of water a day, and Friday I get one cheat if I need one.

I would love to be weight-loss buddies with anyone and would love any tips or advice!!!!

-Ashley
AshleyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Good luck on your weight loss journey, Ashley. And with making the rowing team! Sounds like you are really motivated....stay with it!
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Heyy Ashley ! And Welcome!!

I know you'll find all the motivation and inspiration you need to keep going right here!

We are all here for the same reasons, therefore don't be shy if you have questions, uncertainties, or just need to vent ! lol

Since you're going to do it the calorie-counting ways, may I suggest a few tips.

1) Sign up on a calorie tracking website such as Myfitnesspal and keep track of EVERYTHING you eat and burn off. It helps a lot!
2) Take pictures every milestone (10, 20, 30 lb). It will serve as great motivation seeing yourself shrink.
3) Measure yourself for your before and afters.
4) Pre-plan your meals, and how you're going to eat them.. (for example, 300 cal breakfast, 100 cal snack, 300 cal lunch, 100 cal snack, 300 cal dinner, 100 cal snack)

If you need a buddy, I'm here for you!! xo Good luck!!!! xoxoxoxo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #4  

Thanks for the tips, I never thought of alot of these!!! And thanks so much for the support!

P.S. I love Montreal, great city, I took my high school trip with friends there and it was so much fun!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for the support and that quote "I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times", I never thought of that before! That definitely helps me a lot!

Last edited by AshleyMarie; 05-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.