Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #1  

Default New and ready to lose!

Hi all--

I just started Jenny Craig last Thursday and hubby is going to join this week also. My start weight was . . . gulp . . . 322. I've only been above 300 for a few months, but it's time to start back down.

I don't lack knowledge, I lack motivation. I'm hoping that the easy-prep meals will give me a jump-start towards healthier eating and get me through those difficult first few weeks. I'm going to put all my "planning" energy into developing some good exercise habits.

I have a 3.5 month old, and eight weeks of maternity leave left, so I'm hoping to get things rolling and well into some great habits before having to head back to work full time. (DH is a SAHD so he will be transitioning into having babe by himself more often.) No baby weight to claim--we adopted DS, but we do have all the rest of the newborn experiences that make it more difficult to make good eating choices--lack of sleep, etc. Fortunately, he's awfully darn cute.

So far, so good. Meals aren't bad, but are awfully small. I've managed one walk this week and I'm going to do 20 minutes on the elliptical today while the boys are running errands. We ended up out running errands yesterday and were far from home when hunger hit. We stopped at a restaurant and I stuck to a garden salad (picking off all the toppings I forgot to ask them to leave off) and diet coke to tide me over until we could get home. All while watching DH down a burger and fries. I counted it as a distinct victory.

Anyway--I'm just looking for a place to get some support and encouragement over the next few months!
PNW Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #2  

First of all, Congratz on a spankin' new DS!! They are cute when all nice and shiney.. hehe.

This is a great group of peeps here. We have a daily thread, come hop on over! Don't worry about personals, you'll get to know everyone with time... these folks are great about motivation and support.

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome!

I haven't tried JC, but I have done meals prepared for me type plans before (Seattle Sutton). They do really work, so I'm sure as they #'s go down you'll be fine with the motivation. I think the trickiest bit is transition to maintenence so even as your losing I'd continue to learn as much as you can about how you plan to handle that transition.

-muse
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #4  

Welcome and congrats on the babe.
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

PNW - Welcome to 3FC!!! This is such a great place for support. It is going to be tough finding the time for yourself with such a small baby, but in the long run getting fitter and healthier now will really help you with your day to day tasks. It sounds like you have an elliptical at home, which is great. As others said, please feel free to jump in on the main numbered chat thread, and don't worry about having to do personals.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME!

Hey, in addition to the weekly numbered thread, check out our exercise thread! We track the number of minutes we exercise and we are shooting to exercise for 200,000 minutes this year. We are totally on track but can still use all the help we can get! It's easy, it's fun, and you help others as well as yourself! Win, win and win situation!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Welcome PNW! Pull up a chair and stay a while.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome! I'm determined that I just need to "do this" and get some weight off. I'm good at gearing up and planning, but usually get bogged down when I actually start. This time I'm just doing it and trying not to overthink it. I'm up at 5am because babe decided that the 4am feed was a good time to start teh day. Ugh. He will fall asleep shortly, but in the meantime I figured I'd use the time to look at some before and after pics and get motivated!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!

I have found that motivation only takes me so far, and after that, it's all about the commitment.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Welcome!!
balloonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hiya Red!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #13  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome PNW!! Good luck with your weight loss efforts.. YOU can do it!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #14  

Thanks everyone. I have my weigh-in tomorrow morning, and I'm sure I'll have a significant drop. The home scales are saying 6-7 pounds. Lots of water weight gone this week!