Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/200/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default 50 in 50

Hi everyone! I just have to say, I really like this site! Each of your journeys are very inspiring. And there seems to be alot of really nice people here! Like many of you, I have been doing the diet/exercise/lose/gain cycle for as long as I can remember!

In 2010, after losing my mom to lymphoma, I got serious about getting healthy and taking a sensible approach to losing weight once and for all!

I started eating healthier, bought a new bike and started biking, had a gym membership that I actually used, tracked my activity daily and was logging 5 - 7 miles of walking per day! I was on a roll. From May 2010 to July 2011 I lost 58 lbs and was feeling fabulous.

I felt like I finally discovered the secret to losing weight......which is that there really isn't a secret. For me it was all about eating healthy (or at least healthier) and being more active. Then I got sidelined with a breakup and a knee injury.....NOT good. Gained 20 lbs back....ugh.

Now that my knee is somewhat cooperating again (and my heart has healed), I've set a goal to lose 50 lbs by the end of 2012 (and maybe gain 180-200....if I meet the right guy ), which incidentally is the year in which I turned 50. "50 in 50" is my motto and what I tell myself whenever I am tempted to not go to the gym or eat something I really shouldn't!

So I'm looking forward to "chatting" with many of you and looking forward to providing, and getting support along the way. I will be successful this time!!

Gabby6390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME Gabby: You sound like you have such a strong determination to succeed, I am sure that you can do it. Yes, we will be here for you, looking forward to many chats!
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #3  

Hey there Gabby! I love your motto, "50 in 50!"! What a way to stay motivated! I also like the gain of 180-200! lol

I too am losing 50 pounds this year but my goal is to lose it by November. My husband and I will will be celebrating our 1st year of marriage with an anniversary cruise. We're both losing weight together so we can be in tip-top shape for our big day!

Welcome to the group and best wishes to you on your weight loss journey!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/200/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilywinsit View Post
WELCOME Gabby: You sound like you have such a strong determination to succeed, I am sure that you can do it. Yes, we will be here for you, looking forward to many chats!

Thanks Lily! Congrats on your progress! You look like you are well on your way to meeting your goal.......can't wait till I can say the same.
Gabby6390 is offline   Reply With Quote