Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/183/150

Height: 5'3

Default Newbie here

Hi,

My name is Khiya. I am once again on the weight loss train. I've tried a few diets/meal planning systems but just lacked motivation. I am tired of the way I look and feel and I am fully committing to change that.

I've been kickboxing (with the bags) since January and havent lost any pounds BUT my clothes are loser so I know I must be losing inches. Thats great but I need to see the scale move and I realize that its not going to happen without changing my eating habits. So I've decided to count calories.....help me out PLEASE!

Looking forward to seeing you all around the boards.
~Khiya
Khiya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

First of all, welcome!

I'm pretty new myself but have found this to be a great site for motivation and support.

Kickboxing is a great workout! And congrats on your clothes already being looser

As far as diet, I've said this before here, but my fav diet I've ever tried (and I've tried almost all of them from WW to Atkins to South Beach to Slim Fast, etc..) is the Richard Simmons diet. It's on his site and a cheap kit. I've only been successful with his because it teaches, and forces you, how to eat correct portion sizes as well as a balanced diet. If you've eaten all your protein and carbs for the day you may look at your "food mover" and see 2-3 open fruit windows. It's a good reminder of what you're lacking. I needed this because when I just calorie count I don't include enough healthy stuff. I wind up only eating carbs

Definitely recommend that, but no matter what, be proud you're here and on the right track! I am!
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #3  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey Khiya (I love the name, very unique). I also count calories. If you have a an iphone, I can suggest a few apps to download that can help. Just send me a pm. (it's hard to keep up with the posts since people post so often!).

I understand that you want to see the scale move.. I'm the same way, but sometime you won't see if move. That doesn't mean you aren't losing weight though.. remember that!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #4  

Yes! MyfitnessPal is great!! I use that with my RS diet
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #5  

Thank you! I'll look into it but right now I think I'm pretty sure I dont want to "follow" any plan. Good Luck to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbgirl86 View Post
First of all, welcome!

I'm pretty new myself but have found this to be a great site for motivation and support.

Kickboxing is a great workout! And congrats on your clothes already being looser

As far as diet, I've said this before here, but my fav diet I've ever tried (and I've tried almost all of them from WW to Atkins to South Beach to Slim Fast, etc..) is the Richard Simmons diet. It's on his site and a cheap kit. I've only been successful with his because it teaches, and forces you, how to eat correct portion sizes as well as a balanced diet. If you've eaten all your protein and carbs for the day you may look at your "food mover" and see 2-3 open fruit windows. It's a good reminder of what you're lacking. I needed this because when I just calorie count I don't include enough healthy stuff. I wind up only eating carbs

Definitely recommend that, but no matter what, be proud you're here and on the right track! I am!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #6  

Hi, Thank you! I do have an iPhone and would love some suggestions. I already have my fitness pal.....its ok.
I know I'm losing but it doesn't feel solidified until the scale says so. :-)

I was trying to PM you but cant figure out how!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha328 View Post
Hey Khiya (I love the name, very unique). I also count calories. If you have a an iphone, I can suggest a few apps to download that can help. Just send me a pm. (it's hard to keep up with the posts since people post so often!).

I understand that you want to see the scale move.. I'm the same way, but sometime you won't see if move. That doesn't mean you aren't losing weight though.. remember that!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #7  

Hi there,
I am not loving it....maybe because I just need to use it as a calorie counter...i was looking for groups/forums and I didnt really like them.
Whats the RS diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbgirl86 View Post
Yes! MyfitnessPal is great!! I use that with my RS diet
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #8  

Was just referring to the Richard Simmons diet again, sorry, I was being a lazy typer

Totally understand, everyone's different and needs a different approach to diets, health and fitness. You can probably find a thread here on every diet or approach. Sure you'll find what works for you

Last edited by bsbgirl86; 02-29-2012 at 11:34 PM.