Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #1  

Default Re-intro

Well its been a few years since I was last here so I thought I'd better say hello and re-introduce myself

Like most people I have tried many diets over the years and spent many years eating alot less than 1000 calories per day (without loosing weight). I was diagnosed 20+ years ago with severe hypothyroidism and a few years later with PCOS, and had developed IR, sleep apnea and eventually was diagnosed with diabetes just before I had wls (Vertical Sleeve gastrectomy) in 2009.

Due to unrelated health issues as well as the thyroid, PCOS and sleep apnea I am still loosing weight slowly but have not reach goal after nearly three years...still working on it though which is why I am back here, recording everything I eat, drinking lots of water and exercing heaps (unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones for who weight loss after surgery was easy).
move2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back!

You know the drill find a few threads where you feel comfortable and make yourself at home. Check back often to keep your head in the game. We're glad you've come back!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Move2Lose, welcome, glad to have you re-join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the Dieting with Obstacles subforum!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote