Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/274/190

Height: 6ft

Default I will succeed this time!

Hello everyone! I found this site when I was browsing the internet trying to find a place with others that are sharing their weight loss stories. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 14 and I went from being fit to being horribly overweight. I am now currently about 6 foot, well some place between 5'11" and 6' and weighed in at 274! at the doctors last week. I will tell you what that is super scary! My BMI according to my doctor is 37.2, and I have finally come to terms that I need to lose weight and now!

I am going to try the low sugar diet and try to work out at least 4 times a week, with working from home I am sitting for 8 hours and need to off set it somehow. Has anyone tried tae-bo or any of the other do it at home dvds? I am actually pretty active right now, my boyfriend and I walk and or hike generally one day a week and have been working up to the harder trails.

My current goal is 10lbs a month, I know it's sorta steep but it is worth the shot and then after my first month I will adjust it accordingly. Does anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

There are folks here who do all kinds of exercise! Here's a forum where you will find some!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/

Jump right in. We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

hi im kim. i def need to lose like 60lbs. i have a fabulous vacation in july to Riu hotel n resort in Jamaica! add me we can support each otha! ciao!
kimmyskelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/274/190

Height: 6ft

Hi Kim, I tried to add you to my buddy list but it wouldnt let me pm you?
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeath View Post
Hi Kim, I tried to add you to my buddy list but it wouldnt let me pm you?
I DNT REALLY UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF. BUT ILL ADD U!!
kimmyskelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Jheathwelcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! I actually get most of my exercise by following home workout DVDs, I find them easy to use because they fit into my schedule.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote