Hey Hi Hello! :) - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/167/135-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Smile Hey Hi Hello! :)

Hello all,

My name is Allie - I'm a 20 year old university student studying biochemistry. I plan on going to medical school when I finish up undergrad (PLAN ON - who knows if I'll get in!!). I have been overweight pretty much all my life, more so my freshman year of college than any other time in my life. It has really (as I'm sure some of you can attest to) made me struggle socially and made me insecure. I have a boyfriend that lives across the country and I have refused to even see him for over a year since I am too embarrassed of how my body looks lately. Last summer I dropped around 25 pounds just eating the right portions and working out daily, but I have become so busy and working two jobs that I just find no time to work out, and when I eat, I make the wrong choices.

I have realized how stupid it is to avoid my boyfriend just because I despise my body so much, and I know that it is time I do this once and for all. I have been gaining back those 25 pounds recently and it has been frightening knowing that I might lose all of the work I have done, and so I really need to get back on track. My goal is to lose 25-30 pounds. I am seeing my boyfriend over new year's so I hope to have a lot of it lost by then!

I enjoy running a lot, but I do have runner's knee and get worried about running on it too much. I also love strength training, but would like to know more about strength training and what it can do for the body. I hope I will learn lots from all of you ladies who are going through/went through it with me and can get some good tips on diet and exercise for my body type! I also love playing tennis and played for years, but ever since I've gotten to University, I have unfortunately been unable to play much if at all.

I'm really looking forward to going on my journey and learning from you all, as well as supporting all of you with your goals!

Also, just wondering if there is some sort of picture diary spot on the forums? I think it would keep me really motivated if I were to actually take pictures of myself and see the changes. I can of course just do that myself, but I thought it would be a neat idea to put on the forums also. I suppose I will have to do some more exploring
difuzzion57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. I am glad you have decided to stop hiding from your boyfriend! Love yourself no matter what your weight is and he should love you too.
As for the picture diary. The best thing might to be to start a blog on this site and post your progress pictures there so you can look back at them anytime you want.

Last edited by NEMom; 10-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote