Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Default wash, rinse, repeat : (

My name is Suzi and I am your perpetual yo yo dieter! The scary part is, my yo yo used to only fluctuate 10 pounds, then 20 pounds, then 30 and now.....40! How over the course of 15 years did that ever happen! I just started the IP diet after seeing the 2 year success that my friend has had. She lost 60 pounds and has kept it all off. I dont find the diet hard, just struggle with how disappointed I am in myself for gaining all that weight back. I have never been "fat' but am definitely "chunky". I didnt even realize it until my father politely mentioned that I might want to "get it under control". It was hard for him to tell me that, which made it even harder to hear. I have at least 30 pounds to lose, but hope for 40. Scares me to think that this journey will last into the new year, and the rest of my life. I am married to extreme fitness man but he is soooo supportive. Never says a word to me about what I weigh or how I look...always makes me feel pretty. Hmmmm, maybe thats the problem? I joined this thread to share stories and find others that need support.
suzih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/256.8/115

Height: 4'11"

Welcome, Suzi! I've only been here for about a week, but I can say this is one of the most supportive communities out there for weight loss. Everyone motivates each other, helps each other through the failures and celebrates together when someone is successful.

It is awesome that your man is so great. Mine is the same way, which means he's really supportive of my efforts. I bet if you talk to him about your goals, he would be happy to encourage you and help you celebrate your successes.
medigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! You will find a section on this site for IP dieters if you have questions or want to correspond with people on this diet. Best of luck on reaching your goals!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #4  
RomansDoda

S/C/G: Starting weight-173/167/135

Height: 5'6''

Hey Suzi and welcome I understand completely how you feel, you are not alone, not by a long shot. I am disappointed in myself, however, disappointment alone does not seem to be enough motivation. In fact for me it seems to have the opposite effect. Glad you have a supportive, kind and loving husband, mine is as well; I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be if with a harsh, critical and unsupportive spouse. Would you share with me what the IP diet is or where I can go to find out about it.
romansdoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by romansdoda View Post
Hey Suzi and welcome I understand completely how you feel, you are not alone, not by a long shot. I am disappointed in myself, however, disappointment alone does not seem to be enough motivation. In fact for me it seems to have the opposite effect. Glad you have a supportive, kind and loving husband, mine is as well; I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be if with a harsh, critical and unsupportive spouse. Would you share with me what the IP diet is or where I can go to find out about it.
It is similar to most Protein/low Carb diets but with a little Jenny Craig concept mixed in. I have three of their high protein foods a day plus one of my own proteins (up to 8 ounces) and 4 cups of veggies. Its quite restrictive but I am not finding it hard at all. Most of the food is powdered except the bars, puddings, and some other snacks. Its pretty easy and once I got past the first three days all my cravings were gone. I have had no trouble at all....that being said it is only 2 weeks, but I have lost 10 pounds. I am sure it will slow down a bit now. So far I would recommend it. There are many threads here about it so I would suggest checking it out. Let me know if you have any other questions. I sure hope this is my last time!
suzih is offline   Reply With Quote