Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie from Oregon

We are told that we are one of the most obese states, with a high depression rate. I fit both of these statistics.

I am 42 and have had a partial hysterectomy 3 years ago. I have done fairly well at maintaining the same clothes size, in fact I am wearing a size smaller. But my tummy does not seem to go down.

I am now willing to track food and begin consistent exercise. I would like to do one mile in the morning and at night to start. I walk a 20 min. mile. That is POOR according to a website I visited today. Excellent would be a 12 min. mile. So I have a goal to get there. I will, I am just going to show grace.

From this site I am hoping to find support, and humor as I journey down the path of repair. I have neglected this body for too long, I am not expecting instant results. I do however, need feedback and encouragement.

I am meeting with a nutritionist tomorrow and I linked up with an activity and weight tracker on line. So I guess I will go from there... I am hopeful.
yadummmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome to 3FC, yadummmy!

I hear you on the stomach. I had a laparotomy almost 3 months ago, and I'm getting quite irritated with my belly! Still hoping that some of it is internal swelling that will eventually go down.

I think your plan sounds great. Tracking my food intake helped me immensely, and by sticking religiously to my calorie range and exercising regularly the weight has come off faster than I expected. It truly is do-able, and if you commit yourself you can certainly make it happen.

I think getting in two walks each day is an excellent idea, and I don't think the rate at which you walk is poor at all! 3 mph was a real struggle for me when I first began. The more you do over time the faster your body will be able to move, but really, just getting into the habit of getting out and getting moving is by far the most important thing when it comes to exercise; it will help your weight loss and will definitely benefit your overall health. I wasn't an exerciser AT ALL when I began this journey, but I've turned into someone who loves it and craves it. I'm still a walker, and I do strength training 2-3 times per week as well. The benefits of the exercise go well beyond the physical; it's such a mood-booster, especially at the end of the day. When I'm feeling down or stressed or in a bad mood, my husband tells me to go to the gym - he knows I always come home happier.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome!
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote