Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #1  

Default Hi. I'm new here.

Hi there. I'm new.

I'm a guy -- are we allowed on this site? I hope so. Oh well. I can be one of the chicks.

So a bit about myself.. I am 21 years of age. I am in college. I weigh 266 pounds. I started at 310 lbs. I'd still like to maybe drop 90 lbs.

I fell off the wagon this summer. I was down to 259 but sadly gained 7lbs. I am hoping to get back to being healthier again by going to the gym and perhaps try some type of eating regiment (like Weight Watchers), as before I was just eating whatever I wanted but working out religiously.

I'd really like to be at a healthy weight and not have to go through the clothing stores pointing at everything I like saying to myself I wish I could fit into that.

Anyways. Thats about it, otherwise I'll keep rambling. I hope to get to become active and get to know many of you. Thats if guys are allowed, of course.

Kiravana!!

Last edited by Kiravana; 09-07-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Kiravana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #2  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Kiravana! Of course men are welcome! Everyone is welcome!!

Glad you've found yourself here, you will find lots of support and lots of great advice! Sounds like you are already well on your way to a healthier you! Do not let your 7lbs gain get you down, its never to late to get back on plan and keep going!!

If you have been exercising regularly then I suggest you definitely start watching what you eat. I personally really like WW. I did WW about 2 years ago (can't believe its been that long already) and did it strictly for about 2 and 1/2 months - writing down all my points and keeping track and went down a pant size. If you dedicate yourself to WW and measure out your serving sizes, weigh your food (I bought a food scale for fruit, veg, meat and weighing out all serving sizes in general) and write down your points for the day you will definitely lose more weight. For me the key is truly counting and writing down ALL my points, if I do it in my head I will lose track/cheat. I am back on the wagon and dedicated more than ever to weight loss so I try to go to the gym every day and I count my points!

Definitely give WW a try if you are thinking about it and definitely keep hitting the gym!! No matter what age you are, its always a great time to start being healthier for yourself but since you are so young really look at this as an opportunity to be healthier and happier with yourself sooner rather than later! I was pretty skinny at your age, I'm 25 now and I know its crazy but I feel like the last 4 years were such a waste of my life, I regret not feeling beautiful or sexy and skinny and dont want to waste anymore of my youth on being overweight. Take advantage of time now and never give up!!

Glad to have you here, I hope you have a lot of success, just don't give up and don't stop visiting the board! It really inspires me to keep going!!!

Last edited by steinanwine; 09-07-2011 at 10:44 PM.
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote