Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

Question having problems..

Hi everyone, my name is Amy & I've lost 59lbs. I started for the first time trying to lose weight back in the middle of April of this year, I have never really mind my weight till this year. Never been on a diet before, never realy exercised...I never thought I was that big till one day I got on the scale and saw the number... ever since I've exercised 5x a week and been on a very strict diet. I've binged ate 4 times this month..this morning being the fourth..and i feel hopeless. I've only done it this month & never before in my life have I ever done it. I don't know why all of a sudden i have started this? I've only lost 5lbs so far this month & I know I probably wont loose another 5 by the end of this month, which that was my goal for this month...feeling very depressed and confused. Why have i started binge eating? How can I stop it?
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

First off, CONGRATS on your weight loss success. You have lost a TON of weight in really a fairly short period of time. That is HUGE.
Second, quit being so hard on yourself and give yourself some kuddos for all the weight you have lost.
Third, maybe you need to alter your food plan so that you can fit in treats for yourself. Maybe your plan is too strict and this is what is causing the binges.
The most important thing to remember is this is a lifestyle change. In order to maintain, you need to learn to eat healthier, portion control and allowing yourself some treats without going overboard.
Best of luck!! You ARE doing GREAT!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wecome.

I agree with NEMom. What you've accomplished is amazing, but nearly 15 lb a month is tough! That's a lot of weight. Especially since you don't have a history of binging, it's probably related to how restrictive you've been in the last few months.

Missing a goal isn't the end of the world. You can set a new one. Look at it this way. You were doing something that was working for you. It's obviously not anymore, since you've started binging. You need to figure out what's going on and revise your plan so that it's something you can stick to without going off the deep end. It will almost definitely mean you won't lose so quickly, but isn't that better than not losing at all? Or worse, regaining?
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #4  

Thank you NEmom. Im proud of myself for what i've lost but its just not good enough in my eyes...& its killing me that i probably wont loose 10lbs this month but it is what it is. I think your both right. I've been eating anywhere from 700-950 calories a day plus running 3 miles every morning 5x a week & other exercises and I think its finally caught up to me and my body is needing more food. Im going to raise my calories to at least 1000-1200 a day and see if i stop the binge eating. Thank you for the advice & congrats on yalls weight loss to
Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

If ypu have only been eating 700-950 calories a day I am surprised that you have the energy to exercise at all. that is way too low in calories, you actually slow yourself down when you eat so little. Do you think you can continue on so few calories ? I don't think so. You need a plan that you can continue for maintenance. iIf you reach goal on your 750-900 calorie plan, then what will you do ? If you start adding calories you will gain weight.1000 calories is still not reccommended, you rob yourself of needed nutrients on such a low calorie diet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #6  

It's been really hard. I have no energy after exercising on most days but i push through it. How many calories should you eat a day? I always tell myself...ill just get the weight off as soon as possible and then once its off then ill start eating the right amount of calories and eating right..
Old 08-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I eat between 1300-1400 calories a day. I did a google search to see how many I should eat for my age, height, current weight and what my goal weight was. Generally speaking, anything less than 1200 calories per day is not recommended.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/180/136

Hi guys I'm new on here today so far iv lost 20 pounds, I still have a long way to go no one has even noticed my weight loss yet even though I'm in smaller uniforms now at work, it's a little disheartening, I'm buying a cross trainer Friday to try and speed up the process
Nogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Amy,you are trying too hard, limiting calories is not healthy and hard to continue. My guess for you would be abour 1500 calories. You can eat right and lose weight and will learn better eating habitsl
I am shorter than you and have a lower goal weight I maintain on about 1300-1400 calories a day,
You may need to experiment to find what is right for you,try to relax , you didn't gain it all at once and you won't lose it all at once.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote