Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #1  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Cool Shredding the Poundage, Looking to Exchange Support!

Hi everybody!

*Pulls up a chair and props up feet*

Newbie Alert! I’ve been nosing around for a couple weeks, and I really like what you’ve got going on here. Like many I've seen post here, I am in dire need to shed the poundage - permanently. I haven’t been successful in the past with keeping to a certain diet and exercise routine, largely because I viewed it as a “diet” instead of a lifestyle change. As for social support, it‘s iffy. (Most all of my family/friends are thin people, and I don’t feel comfortable sharing my struggles with weight … the whole food-obsession, snack-attack, carbohydrate-craving deal is embarrassing to discuss with your 115lb mother.)

This time around, things have been different - as I made mention to above, I am making the lifestyle change, not dieting. Most important, I am making changes that I can live with, long-term. I’m allowing myself more freedom in eating “bad” foods once or twice a week. Trying to get to the gym 3-4 times per week. This time, it’s about balance. Instead of focusing on losing weight quickly as I’ve done in the past, I’m focusing on permanent fat removal. My reality check was on June 9th, when I stepped on the scale and was stunned to see my weight of 292lbs. Today, I’m down to 275lbs (like I said, slow and steady!) and I’m not looking back. Bottom line, I feel too good to eat that half a pizza only to feel bad again. And although sometimes I miss the evening pizza ritual, I do NOT miss those food hangovers. (lol)

I’ve been using the MyFitnessPal app and I think it’s fantastic! It’s really helped me keep on-track. If anyone uses it and wants to add me, my user name is PghCLTGal.

Anyway, to wrap this up, I’m glad I found this message board!! I am a pretty interactive person and would love to get involved with challenges and other social groups. Also looking for recipes. The added social support keeps me motivated and believe me, ya’ll have already provided a heaping amount of thinspiration!

Now that you know more than you ever wanted to know about me, I hope to be chatting with you guys for the duration of this journey!!!
Jess
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #2  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC! You sound like you've got the right idea, and congrats on your ongoing weight loss!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote