Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking I'm back!

I was an avid 3fc'er a few years back, and with the help of all my fellow chicks I lost 120 pounds in a little over a year. Then, something funny happened when I hit the 160's- I got severely disillusioned and depressed. I was impatient and unsatisfied with my progress (how I laugh at that now!), ended a long-term relationship, and let my unhealthy lifestyle sneak back in and take over.

For a long time, I avoided 3fc, lurking occasionally, but mostly too embarrassed to reveal what I viewed as my failure. For over a year, I told myself (as I always have!) that this will be my last day of eating poorly before I go back to taking care of myself. It's amazing just how much you can eat when you've convinced yourself that everyday is your last free-for-all!

But I'm not embarrassed anymore. For the first time since my previous weight loss, I feel ready and happy to change. And I know that, for me, coming back to 3fc is one of the first steps. So thank you all for being here, and forming this amazing community.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back =)

You know, I'm a repeat-loser, too. Lost over 100 pounds to gain just about all of it back.

I shake my head remembering the sad choices I made during those two years. Back in April, a mere 5 pounds away from my starting goal, my head screamed "ENOUGH!" No excuses. No moping. Just good ol' fashioned work. Healthier eating, and getting in activity.

My point is... you are definitely not alone. We can beat this thing. And we sure as heck can point out where we went wrong last time and AVOID that ever again!

Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I remember you. You are STILL an inspiration and I am so proud and happy that you are back. I look forward to seeing your progress You have done this once and you can do it again.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I remember you as well and I'm so glad you're back! There is absolutely no shame in coming back. I've also gained and lost the same 70 lbs. more times than I can remember. Interestingly, I usually don't make it to goal and I end up sabotaging my efforts for one reason or another. I, too, think you're an inspiration and I am very sure that you'll do it. You've done it before and now you have even more information about what to do.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Glad that you're back! You are remembered, and you were definitely missed. You have a great attitude about this, and continuing to work towards your goal is definitely inspiration. We can do this!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #6  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

You should never feel ashamed. The real pride comes from being as committed as you are, and never giving up! Hang in there.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all! It's good to see some of you I remember as well!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote