Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #1  
Meg

S/C/G: 296/270/180

Height: 5'8

Default Need some motivation!

Hello!
My name is Meg.
I'm 24 and XXL.

I have a severe case of Degenative Disc Disease so my weight is making life more painful as my back gets worse. I lost 60lbs two years ago after having my lumbar fused. I started walking and cut out McDonalds. Weight just fell off!

My back went down hill again and I stopped my walking routine due to pain and here I am a year later still hurting and 40 lbs heavier! UGH

I found this site and reading everyone's success stories really makes me wanna get back into the swing of things.
MarilynMegson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Meg and welcome to 3FC =)

You might find others coping with back pain and other issues under Dieting with Obstacles.

There are definitely still ways to manage weight even if you aren't able to do as much physically as you'd wish. The most important thing is to manage calorie intake. Eat fewer calories than you are expending, and you'll lose weight.

Even with that said, most people here recognize that it's not exactly that easy. The idea is simple, but in application it can get tricky. We've all found different methods of managing food. Some people follow a specific plan, some people count calories or carbs, there are a myriad of ways that are working for different people.

Look around, see if a certain method speaks to you or if there's a system out there that you know would fit your lifestyle.

You can definitely do this Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #3  

Read not another story to begin your success. Do it now! You can be a success story. No...you will be a success story.
jimmyk1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I don't know much about Degenerative Discs, but I have had some back problems for months, after I had a herniated disc in my back. I was practically bedridden for awhile, and gained a ton of weight.

I haven't been able to work out much, although I am better, for fear of hurting myself. But I have still lost some weight just by eating better. I would recommend starting there. Even eating better by itself will help you lose some weight, and you should feel better when you're not carrying so much weight.

I wish you luck!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote