Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 370/185/155

Height: 5'5

Default Hello! (again)

Hiya folks,

I was here once before in 2004-2006. I lost about 100lbs on my own and another 100lbs with weight loss surgery. I've been maintaining really well and my eating disorder has been under control, though not cured by any means. I still get chased by the sugar monster! My current weight has been a great place for me to stop and rest and enjoy my weight loss because I'm a "normal" size after being so obese for so long, but it's not the final destination and I'm ready to hop back on on the train for the last leg of the trip. So that's what my goal here is!

My only complication is that I hurt my ankle a year ago and it still gives me trouble. It has been frustrating because I hiked so much before and I haven't been able to do that near as much. My ankle aches on the uneven trails and with too much activity. So that is a new challenge I have to deal with until I have insurance and can get something done with it.

See y'all around the forum!
mountaingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Hello from another newbie!

I am curious, you say you had surgery, but then you said you don't have insurance? Did you have insurance when you got the surgery done? If not, was it prohibitively expensive?

Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/167/135

Height: 5' 2"

You say you hurt your ankle and I can see how it would make things difficult. I just wanted to give you some exercise ideas--

1. swimming--combines both resistance training and aerobic exercise. This is the absolute best exercise!
2. weight training--this is what I do because I have a bad knee. "Leg day" can be tough for me--lifting with the knees, but you can trade out some exercises that would put pressure on your ankle, such as extensions and leg curls to reduce pressure on your ankles.
creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congratulations on losing weight and looking to maintain the loss!

There's a weight loss surgery area, there's a 100lb club, a 300+ club, there's a maintainers section. And so many other places you can find support.

Best of wishes!

Last edited by Lovely; 07-17-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 370/185/155

Height: 5'5

Mojojuju,

I had surgery in 2007, and I didn't have insurance then either. It cost about $30,000 total and included the cost of the surgeon (including 6 follow-up appointments), the charge from the hospital, and all the pre-op tests and appointments. I got a medical loan for it. It's like a car payment, but I'm very glad I did it.

creativeamanda,
Thanks for your suggestions! I live way out in the boonies in Colorado where most of the year the temps are below freezing -- swimming pools are hard to come by! The gyms in the nearest larger town don't even have them. I truly enjoy weight training, and I'm looking to figure out a way to do it at home because I don't have a gym accessible, but things like lunges kinda hurt, so any replacement ideas are helpful.

Lovely,
Thank you for the welcome and the information.
mountaingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote