Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #1  
CB

S/C/G: 217.6/195.6/145

Height: 5'5

Default Running my *** off

I currently weight 210 lbs. My lightest weight (when I was in middle school) was about 153. I'd like to at least see 150/145, but I know it's going to be a longer road than anticipated.

I haven't really tried to lose weight. My lightest weight recently was due to a steady diet of beer, cigarettes and coffee. This was not entirely intentional, I was hardly making money and in a difficult spot. Obviously not sustainable, and I was only hovering around 175/180.

My last health/food journal kick occurred over the winter, at which point the weather impeded my best intentions at getting more active. Now I've got a stable job and managed to score a decently-priced, so I'll have no excuse to keep this up year-round.

I just started the C25K Wednesday, and I'm really looking forward to building up my running ability. I started this particular fitness/eating routine on June 20th, and I can already feel myself getting stronger. (Sprinted across a four-lane highway today without feeling winded, which isn't terribly impressive, but is definitely an improvement).

The joy that comes from realizing one's body is capable of something previously considered impossible is pretty amazing. I think that is the part I am most excited about for the moment. There are times where I try to picture how I will look after shedding 70 lbs., but it's going to have to be a slow and steady climb.
I found a weight that I recorded in May before purchasing the treadmill and embarking on any of this -- 224. When I started, it was 217, and now it's about 210. That sets an optimistic tone.
surfinqssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Indeed it does! Running saved my life. I wish you all the best as you embark on your adventure. Keep us posted.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I wish you all the best with your journey. Running has helped to transform my entire body particularly my tummy (after two kids) and thighs. It is amazing to be able to move your body like that and know that you are becoming fitter and leaner by the minute. I can't say enough about running, it's the best.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! I was never able to get excited about exercise until I decided to try running either. Just be careful while you're crossing those 4 lane highways, eep!!!
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote