Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #1  
Me Myself and I

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Height: 5 Feet

Wink Hello There!

I am not sure exactly how this works but hello everyone!!!
jmojica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hello, I'm new as well actually. Looks like we're joining together.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #3  
Me Myself and I

haaa haa this is too funny, it appears we already have a lot in common. I am also 5 Feet original weight was 165, current weight is 160 and I want to be at 120lbs. Pretty similar to your details.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

Wow, we're set up for friendly competitions.
How are you planning on going about it? WW or other?

I am starting to bike to and from work it's about 40 minutes of time for five days out of the week. I plan to do yoga once or twice a week, and one day of some aerobics to start. (Also walking the dog... lol)
As for diet, I'm sticking to healthy, and keeping the calories in an ideal range.

My goal should be 120, but I did 125 just so I don't freak out over 5 pounds if I can't lose that much. I know myself too well, I'll get depressed if I get stuck on 123 or something...
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #5  
Me Myself and I

Well, I am currently on a 14 day body cleanse (which means i am only eating fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts). I haven't had any dairy, meant, pasta, bread, or even coffee!!! It has been soo challenging.

I will end this cleanse next monday. After that I plan to eat 100% natural and organic items if at all possible. Free range organic chicken, lean turkey etc. But overall just a pretty healthy and well rounded diet that will include lots of fruits and veggies and lots of fiber and protein.

As for the gym, I plan to do yoga, zumba and will start with 30 minutes of cardio a day. I still haven't started any exercising I haven't had the courage to start working out again. But I have been walking alot.

There is no reason to get depressed at all girl! The biggest step is exactly what we are both doing which is accepting that we must lose weight and adopt healthier lifestyles

What kind of dog you have? I loveeeeee dogs but my landlord won't let me have one
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #6  
Getting my life back

I like detoxing. Though, I told myself I'd do one at the end of the summer. I feel a little weak when I do them, scared I'll quit when all my friends are going to so many events and dragging me along. It's hard to stick to something so strict when everyone is handing you mixed drinks and barbeque food.

Good luck sticking with it.

I know I should be happy when I'm only 3 or so pounds away, I just get scared I'll never reach the goal and it won't feel like an achievement, just a failure even if I lose a ton of weight. It's the same with grades, I should be super happy with any passing grade, but if isn't an "A" I get all depressed like I'm a big loser. I just can't help it...

I love Zumba! Plan to do that on occasion as well. I want to start small for the first two weeks so I don't kill myself. I figured after a bit I would go up to 3-4 days of something active like aerobics or running or some such cardio. Biking will hopefully get faster as well.

He's a mutt. I rescued him a while ago from the pound. I would be so sad if my land lord didn't let me have animals.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #7  
Me Myself and I

I dont know you at all but just from reading your replies I can tell that you put wayyyy to much stress on yourself. You should not be depressed because you don't get an A. Yes, good grades are a great achievement but Happiness is necessary to enjoy anything you do in this world. My thing is that I finally realized that the reason why I want to lose weight is because I want to feel good for the rest of my life not just for a special event or summer etc. I still go out with friends, my boyfriend etc I just control myself or manage temptation as best as possible and if I don't then I just get back at it the next day and dont beat myself over it.

The other day I went out to a bar (before my cleanse) and I had vodka and soda water instead of my all time favorite margaritas but I still had a great time!

I have a cookout to go to on Saturday and instead of feeling anxious about it I already plan to just eat plenty of fruits, and salads and drink lots of water!!

aww you have a good heart
Old 06-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC! =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote