Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #1  
~newbie~

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Binge Eater Trying to Make the Scale Go in the OTHER Direction!

Today is Day 1 of my commitment to myself. I'm excited to see how well I can do and hope to make some weight-loss friends. I'm also nervous, as it takes enormous self control to NOT binge. I'll be graduating from college in 2 years and I want to be in reasonably better shape by that time.

I have a question... I found a nice site for tickers and i want to put one up but don't know how. Can someone let me know?

Good luck to everyone on your journeys!
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

There's a Chicks in Control section for other 3FCers who are dealing with binging and other disordered types of eating. You should definitely check it out there as there's a Binge Free Challenge and others who can truly relate. I, too, have had problems with binging so I understand.

Not to mention other sections devoted to taking off 100lbs or more, or age-based groups. So don't hesitate to look around and participate everywhere =)

Tickers & Signatures require that you be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts (believe me if you stick around for 20 days the 20 posts part is easy). I used it as a mini-goal. 20 days on plan with the site and I was rewarded with a ticker to use!

Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #3  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Welcome ariana! I was exactly the same, I'm still at the beginning of my journey and am very proud to have made it one week binge free today!! my first few weeks had a few binges here and there, once you see how badly it messes up the scale and your hard work you will see you need to cut down. Dont try and stop binging cold turkey because it wont work, the same goes to calories, dont make it torturous on yourself because then you will be more likely to binge!
Maybe join in one of the challenge posts, they are really good motivation!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #4  
~newbie~

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you guys so much! I will definately head on over to Chicks in Control and check out the challenges too. I'm getting excited about losing weight! I still have clothes that are one and two sizes down and I'm looking forward to wearing them again. Those are my Mini Goals.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote