Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile New and Need Motivation!

Hey my name is Sarah! I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I have said time and time again that I would do something about it but I have never found the initiative to start and keep doing something. My diets usually last a week, excercise usually less, and then I'm right back to my old ways. I need help! Haha!
I watch shows like the biggest losers and see the transformations and thats what I want! I know its possible I just need to get started and stick to it! I'm hoping to find some new people to help me keep motivated!
I recently moved out on my own with my fiance and after gaining 10 pounds in 3 months it has hit me that I have got to change! I have about 78 pounds to lose and I want to really start now! I hope I can find some friends along the way to help me keep my motivation and we can meet our goals together! :]]
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome, Sarah. I know what you're going through -- I was there myself, and I'm not much taller than you. I started by counting calories and cutting out sugary foods (pop) and things that were processed. It worked, and once I got used to it, I moved to a more structured diet (South Beach), then the one I'm currently on, which is much more intense. What's been key for me is weighing every day and trying to exercise every day. I find that I do feel better for it in the long run, even if the first week kills me.

Good luck! You'll find a lot of support and information on this site.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

YAY! I'm glad you've decided to start your journey.. This is a good place to do so Good luck dolly!!! <3
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
Hello and welcome, Sarah. I know what you're going through -- I was there myself, and I'm not much taller than you. I started by counting calories and cutting out sugary foods (pop) and things that were processed. It worked, and once I got used to it, I moved to a more structured diet (South Beach), then the one I'm currently on, which is much more intense. What's been key for me is weighing every day and trying to exercise every day. I find that I do feel better for it in the long run, even if the first week kills me.

Good luck! You'll find a lot of support and information on this site.
Cutting out sugary foods and carbs is going to be the hardest thing for me! I drink diet drink which I know doesn't contain sugar, but I've heard it can make you crave carbs :// I think I will try to start tomorrow to cut out sweets! Wish me luck and thanks for the help! :]]
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypinkpolkadot View Post
YAY! I'm glad you've decided to start your journey.. This is a good place to do so Good luck dolly!!! <3
Thanks so much! :]]