Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey everyone, I'm new and have 76lbs to lose

Evening everyone, my names Heather and I'm new to the boards. I've come here to seek support for the longest battle of my life. I've been struggling with my weight all my life. A little over a year ago I hit my highest weight of around 344lbs. I never saw myself the way the world did until I got a picture developed that I took with my mom with a tiger cub. I was mortified at what I saw. But that didn't make me change.

It took me several more months, and some self acceptance to start. My life was pretty much falling apart, I was constantly getting bad news and my stress levels were through the roof. I had no support from co-workers, if anything they made me feel worse than I did. After having a near scare with a heart attack, and my blood pressure causing consistent fits of dizziness and fatigue I walked away form my job. I just snapped, and fell apart. I told my boyfriend at the time (RIP Andrew) that I was going to lose weight. And my journey began in May of 2010.

By November of 2010 I had managed to hit the 280's and have barely been able to make the scale budge. I have no support here at home. I live with people who insist on dinning out, and bringing bad food into the house. I have trouble saying no, but I am thankfully working on leaving the 270's.

I just joined Anytime Fitness last month, and have been going at it for about 2 weeks now. My first week I saw a gain instead of a loss and today the scale finally moved by 3.2lbs. So while it's not a HUGE loss, it's something.

I'm trying to change my diet, and eat healthier, because before the move to WV I was eating healthier and exercised everyday. I tried that last week and burnt myself out so fast that I thought I'd return to the gym. So for now I'm going every other day. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that I can report positive results.

Last edited by ShyHeather; 05-18-2011 at 11:21 PM.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/205/155

Height: 5' 2"

Heather,
Glad to see ya here. I'm new as well so I cant give you a lot of advice but I am more than willing, and happy to be, support for you and a sounding board to yell at if you need to! The only thing I can tell you, is that when you work out, you see a gain because muscle is denser than fat (least thats what everyone always told me!)

I am doing what others have said.. I am putting the scale away. Maybe if I dont look at the scale I wont get as stressed out.

*hugs* Keep your chin up and know that you have a lot of people here for you when you need us!

Last edited by fallonmommy; 05-18-2011 at 11:35 PM.
fallonmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallonmommy View Post
Heather,
Glad to see ya here. I'm new as well so I cant give you a lot of advice but I am more than willing, and happy to be, support for you and a sounding board to yell at if you need to! The only thing I can tell you, is that when you work out, you see a gain because muscle is denser than fat (least thats what everyone always told me!)

I am doing what others have said.. I am putting the scale away. Maybe if I dont look at the scale I wont get as stressed out.

*hugs* Keep your chin up and know that you have a lot of people here for you when you need us!
Thanks :hugs: I try to stay away from the scale but I think I'm honestly obsessed with it, and in a bad way. I weigh myself multiple times, and I'm trying to get away from it but sometimes the scale wins and I hop on to check. LOL ... Going to toss it soon if I can because it's an old WW model.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome Heather!

I absoloutely love it here, and it helps me keep losing having a support group, unfortunately whenever I have no internet it seems to creep back up! It's great that you are trying to be a healthier you, and this is definitely the place for you

and when you do achieve your goal weight it will be so awesome to have one of your before pictures be with a tiger cub!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome Heather

I see you've made amazing changes Despite circumstances you're being healthier than you were before. The weight doesn't come off overnight for anyone. And often can take a number of years for those of us (like myself) who've started by weighing over 300 pounds.

There are various support groups you might like to join in with, but of course, please post wherever you're comfortable.

We love to see people succeeding in a new & healthier life!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #6  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

Wow Heather! It sounds like you have been through a lot. I am glad you are here cuz the ladies seem great & very dupportive. I'm new here also. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I hope that I will be able to get to know you better as we battle this together
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

First of all, Congratulations on what you have accomplished! I know that you have had a tough time and the road ahead isn't always easy but I hope you find the support you need right here! The people here care and most importantly they know what you are going through and how it feels. Feel free to grab any of us for support!!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #8  
I think I can...

Hi Heather, congrats on your success so far! It sucks to not have support at home when you're trying to change.But as long as you have a support system
(online is as good as in person) and the willpower you will make it!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote