Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #1  
Doing it my way!

S/C/G: 199/176/160

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb New here.

Just stopped in to say Hello.

My name is Steph. About two months ago, I finally made up my mind to lose the 40 pounds that I have been fighting with for way to long. Over the years, I have lost the same 20 pounds 3 times only to eventually gain it back. I am determined to lose all the weight and keep it off this time around! I have been eating lower carb for the last six weeks, and drinking a gallon (or more) of water a day for the last ten weeks. I have clearly loss some inches(don't know my weight I haven't purchased a scale just yet) but now I feel that I am at a stand still, I feel that my clothes should still be getting looser and they are not anymore. I just recently discovered that I don't always eat enough calories, sigh, so I am working on trying to eat more and still lose. I look forward to gaining tips and tools from this forum to help me stay on my path, honestly, I need all the help that I can get!

Have a great day!

Steph
StephT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Steph! I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Have you incorporated exercise into your plan?
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #3  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Steph
You've come to a very supportive forum
Once you get plugged in to a regular thread, you will no doubt find the support you're looking for.
I've been on 3FC since April 7, and I have found a very supportive thread of people with similar
struggles, goals, and meals plans as I do

I posted a thread that has a blog about Eating More..Weighing Less--as this was a new concept to me as well.

K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #4  

Height: 67.7

Hi and welcome!

Congrats on being so motivated and determined! That's the first step.

If you are experiencing a plateau, I've read that mixing things up will kick-start your weight loss again.

So change your exercise routine and push yourself harder and eat different meals and you'll soon find yourself losing again.

Good luck, with that attitude, you will succeed!

PS - I'm on weight watchers and veggie soups and salads are free. So stock up on lots of salad with fat free dressing and veggie soups to keep you full
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #5  
Doing it my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
Welcome, Steph! I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Have you incorporated exercise into your plan?
Thanks. Yes I have started exercising this week.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #6  
Doing it my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Parker View Post
Hi and welcome!

Congrats on being so motivated and determined! That's the first step.

If you are experiencing a plateau, I've read that mixing things up will kick-start your weight loss again.

So change your exercise routine and push yourself harder and eat different meals and you'll soon find yourself losing again.

Good luck, with that attitude, you will succeed!

PS - I'm on weight watchers and veggie soups and salads are free. So stock up on lots of salad with fat free dressing and veggie soups to keep you full

Thanks. I have read lot about mixing my menu up a bit to break plateau as well. I will give it a try, what could it hurt? I wish you success with WW, I have always loved their plan, and have had success with it in the past. I was always amazed at how much weight I would lose though I ate my feel. Actually, I have been thinking about WW a lot this week lol. I will try your suggestions.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #7  
Doing it my way!

Thanks a bunch Guys!

Last edited by StephT; 05-06-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #8  
running myself skinny

S/C/G: 191/ticker/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hello and welcome. I can't imagine not having a scale. But that could be a good thing I suppose! lol. Good luck to you!
taramade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/194/145

Height: 63inches

Default Hello, Steph

Hi, Steph. My name is Stephanie also. I have had a weight problem for years. I have tried many diets and different OTC diet aids. I lose some weight and always gain it back. The other day while watching the Dr. Oz show, I found out about the Dukan diet. I ordered the book from Amazon and began the diet today. I am hoping to lose at least 50 pounds and I am determined to keep it off this time. The Dukan diet works in 4 phases and mild exercise (walking) is required, so maybe this will help me to be successful this time. This first phase of the diet is called The Attack phase. I am eating only proteins: no fats or carbs. This is a jump start to the diet and lasts only a short time. I plan to do it for 5-7 days. So I will see what happens and how I feel. Good luck with your "losing".
stephcaselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Welcome!!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcaselli View Post
Hi, Steph. My name is Stephanie also. I have had a weight problem for years. I have tried many diets and different OTC diet aids. I lose some weight and always gain it back. The other day while watching the Dr. Oz show, I found out about the Dukan diet. I ordered the book from Amazon and began the diet today. I am hoping to lose at least 50 pounds and I am determined to keep it off this time. The Dukan diet works in 4 phases and mild exercise (walking) is required, so maybe this will help me to be successful this time. This first phase of the diet is called The Attack phase. I am eating only proteins: no fats or carbs. This is a jump start to the diet and lasts only a short time. I plan to do it for 5-7 days. So I will see what happens and how I feel. Good luck with your "losing".
Hi there stephanie,

I have also started the Dukan Diet but I do not have the book, I think I have all of the info from the internet and wanted to start asap, so am on day 1 of the cruise phase. I have goine from 10st 3 to 9st 12 and frozen right there!! Last week the cruise phase saw me drop to 9st 10 only to find the next morning that I weighed 9st 12 again! Which made me throw the towel in, but then the next day I said 'No! I will not be defeated!' So I have started again. Today is cruise phase Proteing and Veg Day 1. I have just under 40 days for this phase apparently to drop to 9stone. So here goes!

I wish you the best of luck and would love to know how you are getting on!
kermitlovespeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote