Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Talking Brand new.

Hi there, I'm new to the forums. Dorian5 is my username because that cute pit bull/ black lab mix in my avatar is my dog Dorian.

I've lost a little weight so far already, I started dieting in January when I hit 150lbs. I'm trying to get back to 115, which is probably the lowest I should go, would like to maintain 115-120. I started gaining weight when I met my wonderful boyfriend last June, we wined and dined every night like we were celebrating something. Then when I jumped on the scale, I saw I had gained 25+lbs! Oops.

I had a few weeks recently where I had some disordered behavior going on (i.e. eating only 500 calories a day, then burning 500 on the treadmill so that my body functions would be all deficit for the day) -- This isn't me and I've turned that disordered thinking around before it could actually take hold of my life!

Since I've stopped eating such dangerously low amounts, my weight has creeped back up a little (I got down to 129, I'm now 133). It's hard to not get frustrated, even though I know it's the HEALTHY thing to do, so I'm excited about the support I'm hoping to find here.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Welcome! I'm new too but the people here are so awesome!

It's hard to not develop eating disorders (I swear it seems like the vast majority of people have some kind of eating disorder). I wish you luck!
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome, ilidawn. I agree, plenty of people I know have some kind of disordered eating pattern as well. It shouldn't be so hard to have a healthy relationship with food, but it is!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Sometimes I wonder why we have to have taste buds. I had a boss once who couldn't taste nor smell. Just like a blind or deaf person it was the rarest thing I've ever come across. Sometimes I kinda envy that!

Welcome find a forum that you like and post often. That's probably become my second hobby next to anything weight loss related!

And if you haven't checked out the success stories section go NOW! It is sooooo inspiring. It helps me get through times of frustration

Good luck!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote