Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Hey hey! :)

Hi everyone. I'm Michelle. I'm 30 years old (soon to be 31, in May!) and on January 26 I started my *latest* attempt at weight loss. I found this forum while I was surfing the net last night and I don't mind saying that it was a huge relief. I joined Weight Watchers back in January and the group I'm in is great, but I don't always feel comfortable talking in a group (especially one as large as my WW group...there are 80 of us!) So finding this forum was great.

This weight loss attempt is fueled, more than anything, by my realization that there are a LOT of health issues in my family (high blood pressure, type II diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, etc) that can be either caused or exacerbated by excess weight, and I don't want to end up like either of my parents (mom is 65 and taking medications for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and type II diabetes; dad is 63 and on a BIPAP, and also has congestive heart failure.) I know some things are inevitable as we age, but there's a limit.

Plus, I have PCOS (diagnosed in 2007) and I know that losing weight can have a significant effect on the disorder.

I won't lie and say that I'm not doing it for cosmetic reasons. I think we all are to a certain extent.

Since I started on January 26, I have lost a total of 15 pounds (I was 203 when I started, and now I'm sitting at 188.) I'm hoping to eventually reach an ultimate weight goal of 130 pounds, which is at the high end of normal for me. Now, if I could get down further than that, I'd be ecstatic, but I figure 130 is realistic.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm hoping that this forum will be a good source of support for me as I continue on my journey, and that I'll make some good friends here.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Michelle! Congrats on the first 15! Keep up the good work!
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Michelle! My name is also Michelle I hope you like it here and congratulations on your success so far!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote