Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/195

Height: 5'4"

Default New here, need some help getting my motivation back

I just signed up today with 3FC. I am hoping to find the encouragement that I need to help me once again loss my weight.
I lost my mother to cancer last year and it has been a really hard time. I found comfort in food and the ease of stopping at a fast food place to pick up something pick after staying with her in the hospital. I quickly found the weight I had worked so hard to loss a year earlier. I also met a terrific guy last year that doesn't quite understand the need to loss weight. He has been by my side through thick and thin! I did revert back to old eating habits after we started dating, so I also found some weight gain there too.
But, I am now ready to get back into shape (other than a round shape) and start to make healthier eating chooses. I have come to this website to find some support from others going through this lifestyle change journey.
LeanerLeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #2  
Frances G

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5 foot 8 inches

I lost my Mom in 1989 and I still go to the phone to call her. The hurt does subside. So be who you were born to be, a healthy, vibrant, loving woman...at her ideal body weight. Be blessed!
francesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #3  
ASF

Hey, welcome to 3FC! Losing weight is never easy. And I know from personal experience that losing a loved one makes things even harder! But sounds like you got some great support. I can pretty much guarantee you'll get more on here!

Someone told me that when you are ready to make a change in your life whatever it may be you need 6 small words:

I CAN...
I WILL....
I AM...

Good Luck!

Xxx

Last edited by ASF; 03-23-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Pressed enter by accident
ASF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I lost my father last year so I understand how stressful it can be. You just gotta remember that your mom would want you to be healthy and happy and not hurting your health on her account. If you use all the resources on the site you will lose weight and see results. It may take quite some time before you get to where you want to be but you will get there if you just dedicate yourself and stay consistent. You just gotta take things one day at a time. Best of luck!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote