Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/215/135

Height: 5'5

Default Doing it Right this time

Hello Everyone!

My name is Carla and I've been trying (sort of) to lose weight for as long as I can remember. When I was in elementary school I noticed that I was heavier than a lot of my friends,but I never really got made fun of to much, therefore my weight didn't bother me. As I went through middle school and high school my defense for my weight was to be extra nice and sweet to everyone (even if I didn't really like them). By being that way people never really made fun of my weight and I had a pretty good time during high school. Once I went to college I fell in love with the love of my life (who I married about 4 years later). Up until that point I was still on the heavy side,but I didn't really look like it. I started to gain lots of weight during my junior year of college. One day after I had started working I decided to weigh myself.....I was 276 lbs!! I couldn't believe it! I always said that I would never weigh over 200 lbs ,but now I was almost 300 lbs That motivated me to lose weight and I had gotten down to 242 lbs. But soon after moving and starting a new job my weight went back up again and I was at 272. After being told by my employers that I was a great employee, but I was not doing the job up to there standards (I completed grant work for researchers and doctors ) I was told that I should probably look for other employment. This devastated me (I've never had such a poor job review), but at the same time I was relieved. So now I am at a great job that I love and I've been able to lose 42 lbs! That is the most that I've ever lost at one time. My husband and I would like to start a family in the next one to two years and I am determined to get to my goal weight before we start trying. I hope that I will get a lot of inspiration from this forum. I look forward to the rest of my weight loss journey!!
Kiyoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #2  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck!! I'm glad you are at a job where you are happy and weight loss is happening!! keep me updated!!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote