Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #1  

Smile It's been a loooong time...

I'm back again. I love this place. Unfortuantely, over the past few years, I've gained some weight. But...I've also overcome many emotional problems and I've gotten out of the horrible relationship that caused some of them. For the past 4 years, I've been with a great guy who supports me, but I did gain about 30 pounds. I was miserable. In December 2009 I weighed 246 and couldn't even recognize myself. With the help of my best friend, I lost 26 pounds and felt much better. I started to gain again earlier this year and at 229 I freaked out and started again. Since December 05, 2010, I have lost 16 pounds by changing my diet. I'm at 213 as of today and soooo happy about it. I haven't even started exercising. I'm so excited and I've done it completely on my own. I don't know what has happened to me, but I have will power all of a sudden. I feel like I have finally gathered all the crushed pieces of myself, dusted them off and put them back together. Now I just need a little polishing...or a lot, haha. Anyhow, I love my new way of eating. It's sort of low fat, sort of low carb, sort of raw and high in protein and fiber. It's just my own mix of healthy food that I love. I get sick now when I eat badly and it makes me realize what I was doing to my body before. Now that I am really doing well with the food part, it's time to add in the exercise...starting today...I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for listening to my rant!
rivoluzione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #2  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about the unhealthy relationship. What is important is that you are investing in yourself. Your quality of life, the way you feel, your happiness will all be because of YOUR dedication to yourself!

WTG on your weight loss so far, and on starting to add exercise/movement into your lifestyle.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

I am newly back, too!! Had a baby and some other issues since last I was here. So you are not alone!! I am back because I finally decided to do this for ME, and not to please anyone else...finally!! Plus I am older now and feeding my body with crap makes me feel a whole lot worse than it did when I was younger. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time.

Congrats on the weight loss so far, and keep up the good work!! Sounds like you are ready for a real transformation.
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you back!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote