Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Been 13 years since I've been here, but I'm back!

Hi! I was hear in 1998 (when it was growing exponentially) and successfully lost 50 pounds. However, life got in the way, and like so many, I gained it all back, plus some.

My kids are older, I no longer have 'banned' foods and no longer emotionally eat, so now is the time to take off the weight.

I have other reasons too that made it pressing to do NOW. I thought I was a healthy overweight person, but turns out my blood pressure very quickly rose to stroke level (230/130), my thyroid was very under active (TSH should be under 3.0, mine was 43), and my blood sugars are high. I found this all out right before my 41st birthday.

Through medications, the blood pressure is now OK, my thyroid, is getting closer to being normal (I'll have another test in about 4 weeks) and the doctor has given me 3 months to lower my blood sugars naturally (and to see if my thyroid was interfering too). So, Since the beginning of 2011, I started exercising and eating a lower carb diet (eliminating all simple sugars).

The irony of this all happening now is that my THIN 42 year old (estranged) father died at the age of 42 from a heart attack. (He was a heavy smoker and ate horribly). Yet, he was 42 and 7 months. I just turned 41. Kind of scary. Kind of REALLY scary.

So, now that I'm started and very, very motivated, I'm back as this was the best site then and it's only gotten better since.

Won't let me post my blog yet until I've proved worthy and gone yackity yack for a bit, but no worries. I like to talk and will be around!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi berryblondeboys!

It's great that you're being proactive about your health! Good luck reaching your goals!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote