Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/202.2/150

Height: 5'2''

Default Can't deny it anymore

Hey everyone!

My name is Ren. I have been browsing your forum and everyone seems very nice and supportive and I hope I can fit in here (:

Recently I had a visit to the doctor for my annual check-up and got a wake-up call: for the first time in my life the scale told me that I was over 200 pounds!

I have always been on what I called the "chubby" side, but somehow I have let myself go well beyond what is healthy. I have decided that it ends now!

My first goal is to get back under 200 pounds. And hopefully that change will propel me to go even further!

I'm ready!

Last edited by Renaissance; 01-10-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Renaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #2  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome Renaissance

I am fairly new her too (about 3-4 weeks). I don't know if I fit in, but everyone has been so kind and supportive. There are so many threads and LOTS of challenges. I am currently in an Easter challenge and a Valentines Day challenge. Just depending on what you want to do . . . diet and exercise wise, I am sure there is a thread or two that will help . . .

The people, pictures and stories are so motivating

I wish you the best of luck
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/200

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Ren!

You can do it!
KeKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Ren! There's a ton of great advice and knowledgeable people! You'll do great! Just stick with your plan and don't give up!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #5  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! If you have been lurking around the site you have realized how great a site this is for both support and information. You can do it! This is going to be a great year. Looking forward to hearing your progress!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225.4 / 202.4 / 150

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

I had that "oh my.. (*W&#!" moment too when I bought a new scale. I never though I'd be in the over 200 club. I wish you the best of luck.
k225to150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/202.2/150

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
Welcome Renaissance

I am fairly new her too (about 3-4 weeks). I don't know if I fit in, but everyone has been so kind and supportive. There are so many threads and LOTS of challenges. I am currently in an Easter challenge and a Valentines Day challenge. Just depending on what you want to do . . . diet and exercise wise, I am sure there is a thread or two that will help . . .

The people, pictures and stories are so motivating

I wish you the best of luck
Thank you very much!

And wow you started pretty recently and you have already done so well! (:

Congrats and hopefully I will see you around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKe View Post
Welcome Ren!

You can do it!
Thanks KeKe!

I appreciate it ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
Welcome Ren! There's a ton of great advice and knowledgeable people! You'll do great! Just stick with your plan and don't give up!
Thank you cherbear!

I will try my best! I have done the start and stop thing before. Its really tempting to fall back into old habits. But this time I am determined to reach my goals!

And wow 109 pounds lost and you ran a marathon! Thats amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdander24 View Post
Welcome! If you have been lurking around the site you have realized how great a site this is for both support and information. You can do it! This is going to be a great year. Looking forward to hearing your progress!
I appreciate it vdander! And yeah I haven't gotten to explore most of the site but of the little I have seen it looks awesome!

Looking forward to hearing your progress too :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by k225to150 View Post
I had that "oh my.. (*W&#!" moment too when I bought a new scale. I never though I'd be in the over 200 club. I wish you the best of luck.
Yeah it was pretty unnerving!

I had avoided scales like the plague for the last few months: evil but necessary things ):

Good luck to you too!
Renaissance is offline   Reply With Quote