Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/228/170

Height: 5'6

Smile Hi...Age 20 BIG and Lost

Hello Everyone,

My name is Denay, I am currently a 20 year old college sophomore who is constantly struggling with weight loss. Today I stepped on the scale an broke out in tears when it read 228. Although I know i haven't been doing all i can i didn't expects such a dramatic change.

When i started college I weighed only 180. Then still struggling with weight it has done nothing but gotten worse. I want to lose 50 pounds but the stress and demands that are being placed on me are making it impossible to focus. I literally hate myself, each time I look in the mirror.

The more criticism I hear the more i eat. I hate for people to tell me anything, Im literally losing my mind. I cant find motivation.

Right now I just need help and motivation, I needed to meet people who understood my situation which is why I joined the forum...=)
NotSoSMiiLeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 AM   #2  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

You can do it! We can do it! I tend to do the same thing, by the way. The more criticism I hear, the more I eat. It's a horrible cycle. When I weigh myself and I've gained, I think "Well...screw it. I may as well eat whatever I want." It's a bad thought. We both need to just keep at it. Every day wasted is another day we aren't losing weight!

Good luck and welcome!
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:00 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdaymorning View Post

You can do it! We can do it! I tend to do the same thing, by the way. The more criticism I hear, the more I eat. It's a horrible cycle. When I weigh myself and I've gained, I think "Well...screw it. I may as well eat whatever I want." It's a bad thought. We both need to just keep at it. Every day wasted is another day we aren't losing weight!

Good luck and welcome!
Thanks..Yes We Can Do It..I Usually do the same thing, get discouraged and eat more, a habit that definitely must be broken
Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #4  
moving chick

S/C/G: 310/ticker/200

Height: 5'3

I understand where you two are coming from... I would cry and eat cry and eat... but now its more as in everything you tell me will only make me stronger...giving up is always so easy and ive gone there so many times.. now i see all these success stories and I know its possible for me to do it and people who support eachother just keep your mind in portioned.. keep a planner and take it one day at a time... you put it all on you and you will CRASH. Never give up is what ive bene telling myself for the past 2 weeks lol. Hopefully I will have more days of success to come.
lisha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

I'm sorry your having such a hard time. As lisha91 stated, I also have done the eat/eat/cry/cry/repeat X infinity. It's hellish when your in a body you hate. I feel that way, I hardly ever leave the house, avoid my old friends, seclude myself and don't make new ones, etc. etc.

I'm working to take back control of my life, but I also hope in the process I stop hating myself...and not just have it be dependent on how much I lose etc.

I most certainly understand, as do far too many of us. I'm brand spanking new myself, so best of luck to us.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement...

Being that Im on Winter break from school I'm just finding it hard to reconnect with my old friends and have them see me like this. I've been trying to tell myself to just take it day by day, but nothing in life is easy I guess.

Best of Luck To Everyone! We Can Do This!